𝘞𝘢𝘪𝘵, 𝘒𝘪𝘥𝘴 𝘞𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘗𝘭𝘢𝘺 𝘞𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘛𝘰𝘺𝘴?

Going to school on three hours of sleep is beyond exhausting

Going to school on three hours of sleep is beyond exhausting. Marinette imagined that the dead were enjoying the vacation of a lifetime as she struggled to keep her head from hitting the desk every few seconds.

“Next time limit yourself to half a puff,’” Alya sounded as she packed her notebook into her backpack.

The blue head wailed before throwing her head back. She had spent the remainder of the night baking like her life depended on it and she barely even managed to make the pastries look identical.

“There won’t be a next time because Dad found out. “

“Let me guess, too much sugar?”

“More like too much salt, I didn’t read the labels properly,” Marinette groaned, making Alya shudder at the thought of biting into one of them.

She wouldn’t have messed up a simple cream puff this badly if it wasn’t for Tikki switching the labels around in protest. When they baked the night away, she absolutely flipped at Marinette’s hesitance to transform into Ladybug and use her compact.

“Marinette, you need to get your priorities in line! Every minute we waste not getting in touch with Chat Noir is every minute that Hawkmoth could use against us,” the small creature said as it waved its arms in the air.

“I get it Tikki, but can you please keep it down,” Marinette said in a harsh whisper. “I’m worried about Hawkmoth too, but we can’t rush to him, not without evidence.”

If Ladybug raised the alarm without proof, she risked making a fool out of herself before her own mentor. She couldn’t do that to the cat, she needed to handle the situation by herself, even if it meant working behind his back. Besides Robin seemed capable enough, he’s worked alongside the Batman and he seemed to be taking the matter into his own hands. She could be like him too. Holding no one back and making a name for herself.

Marinette’s mind was already made up. She needed to be the main hero, not the clingy sidekick. She was sure that telling Tikki how she really felt would make the red creature even more opposed to her inaction. The best thing to do now was pretend to wait by piling in work with the illusion of waiting on Robin’s signal.

Alya snapped her fingers in her friend’s dropping face.

“Get back to reality girl because I have a scoop,” she said before winking at her sleep deprived companion.

Marinette was thankful that her best friend was providing her with a distraction with her determined investigative journalism. She leaned in closer to Alya for the next social event she had sneak her best friend into.

“The word on the street says Hiro Okamura is in town and is staying at Le Grand Paris.”

“Okay and who is he?” Marinette questioned as she raised an eyebrow.