𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘋𝘳𝘢𝘮𝘢, 𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘋𝘳𝘢𝘮𝘢, 𝘛𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘋𝘳𝘢𝘮𝘢, 𝘍𝘰𝘶𝘳!

It was at the break of dawn that Marinette decided to leave the hotel for home

It was at the break of dawn that Marinette decided to leave the hotel for home. Every step she took up to her bedroom was nerve-wracking. 

Chloé and Pollen were fine on their own, but it was lleaving them unguarded, which made her feel so unsettled. Marinette had experience fighting criminals up close and personal, but Chloé was more of the pretty princess that watches her knight fall into the mud on her behalf in her tower. In one way, she was a bit worried that Pollen wouldn't keep up with her attitude and mood swings.

As soon as she reached her room, she aimed for the hidden drawer in her desk. One click later and it popped open with the peacock brooch was sitting pretty next to the black box. That's one down.

The next thing was to verify if the earrings were even in the box. She flipped the lid open and let out a long sigh of relief. Both earrings were still in there.

"Looks like we are in the green," she said, making the kwami pop his head out of her clutch bag.

"Good."

Marinette gently placed the box of earrings into her school bag and thought of were to put the brooch. It wouldn't fit in the box with the earrings but she couldn't wear it like she was advertising it to the world.

"Mayura should have given me the box too," she wished before placing the brooch in her plastic pencil case. "Hopefully no one asks for a pen today."

"But if the earrings are still here, what was Alya looking for?" Plagg poundered.

"Well, let's see if she'll talk to me today. I'll be lucky to even get a simple greeting out if her. We might have to be on lookout for anyone suspicious at school too."

"Well, that Damian boy is a starter," Plagg raised his stubs in the air, only to have Marinette push him down into the bag with her index finger.

"He is not our enemy."

The bluenette went down stairs and opened the refrigerator. It was time to start taking the gang's suggestion seriously and she was going to start by eating all the leftovers that were dated.

"The pak choi is still good," Marinette munched as she snuck a few pieces of last night's smoked pork bones in her bag for Plagg. "Didn't know mom was going to going to cook."

"If you were that hungry, then you should have come back home immediately," her mother's voice rang out.

"Mamon?!" Marinette jumped. "I didn't think you would be up."

"Well, when someone sneaks into the house and ramages through the fridge, my culinary senses tingle to protect the leftovers, " she smiled as she shuffles her bunny slip ons over to her daughter. "Well, how was it?"

"The cabbage? It's good, best thing you've cooked this week!" 

"Not that," her mother rolled her head around. "The sleepover with Chloé."