𝘔𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘐𝘯 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘦𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘴

The white patch that took up the entirety of Damian's left cheek was more than distracting for Hiro to look at whenever the older boy decided to chew

"So your face got dragged along the curb?" Hiro asked, choking back a giggle as Damian nodded.

Toyman hummed as the boys continued to eat their cereal bowls standing.

He obviously wasn't hiding the wound of having his skin scratched and peeled by a cement pavement. He was hiding a wound of pride.

After last night's dinner, the Boy Wonder took it upon himself to look into Mayura. It was safe to say that she was indeed close enough to Adrien to be a viable suspect.

The woman who matched Marinette's description went by the name Natalie Sancoeur, Gabriel's personal assistant, who suspiciously handed in her resignation around the same time Adrien went missing.

Using Brother Eye, which Hiro complained was taking up too much power to run 24/7 like he requested, they soon found out that Miss Natalie bought a direct ticket to the Bahamas, a plane that she never even bothered to show up to the airport for.

Tracking her last known moments via security cameras around the city, she was seen pulling aside a manhole cover connected to the city's drainage system.

So, as any good detective would do, he was scouring the worst drainage system in the modern world for a missing woman. Each wall was soaking wet, and the humid atmosphere was stuffy and on the edge of suffocating. Too many unnecessary turns into dead ends were made, and he had to stop every now and then to figure out if the rats were running away from incoming murky waters. It was worse than chasing down The Rat King down the Gotham sewers.

Just as he was regretting not taking up Toyman's offer of sending a drone in first, he heard a pair of voices bickering with each other from the adjacent drain.

“We need to that butterfly bastard ourselves!”

“She said it was too dangerous”

Robin crept up closer to the where the entrances of the drains met and set up a mirror to peer into the other one. Two girls, one tall and lean in white and blue bunny-like suit, were pacing around the shorter one dressed in a gray mouse suit hugging onto a ragged book with mouse themed stickers on it. With their masks on their faces, Damian wasn't sure if he had actually seen these two around the city before.

“Then why hasn't Mayura come back yet!” The bunny girl huffed. “

The mouse girl put her fingers in knots as she pitched her shoulders.

“Maybe… she listened to Pigella and took off too,” her soft voice echoed. “She could have had a change of heart. I do that all the time.”

“Mayura stood her ground at the meeting, Poly,” the bunny-eared girl crossed her arms. “Something doesn't feel right. She wouldn't just leave the Book of Miracles and not be here to guard it.”