𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘑𝘰𝘣 𝘐𝘴 𝘔𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘚𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘛𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵

Alya's number was as good as deleted off her phone

Alya's number was as good as deleted off her phone. Bye-bye, little traitor.

Being able to calm down was mainly due to her mother rubbing her tummy as she unwillingly ate hot cross buns before Easter. It's a good thing they tasted as amazing as always, but her hunger was for anger and answers.

She looked down to the kwami, who was shredding the bun with his small canines in struggle. He was gross and messy and was on his forth one out of the six her mother had brought for her.

"Stop looking at me," he hissed as he tried to down a lump down his tiny throat.

"I wasn't looking, I was judging," she spat out in disgust before pulling out the brooch she got from the mysterious woman.

'They really do look like peacock feathers,' she thought in awe as she raised it against the light.

"Why did she just run away like that?"

"Wasn't it obvious? She was being chased."

"By the person controlling the black butterflies," she exhaled. "But she said it's not Gabriel, and we saw him right after she did. So who?"

Plagg hummed before licking crumbs off his face.

"Looks like another ghost chase to me. Mayura hardly gives good answers."

"Mayura," the girl whispered softly to herself in a trance. "How do you know her?"

"I don't," he replied. "At least, not personally. Unlike you and Adrien,  the other miraculous users like to live quiet lives. She just happens to be one of them."

"Okay, we weren't that loud," she frowned. "If this Mayura could figure out who I am just by looking at the ring, then it means she must have been close enough to it."

"Well, I can't see through my wearer's eyes when they're transformed, but I'm certain that she approached Adrien too, although under different circumstances," he said as he began hoping on the keyboard to enter random gibberish in the search bar.

The girl raised her eyebrows as she walked over to her desk to swat the kwami off the keyboard.

"She's the one who told Adrien who Hawkmoth was. His movements, his plans, and what he was after. When Adrien tried to question who she was, she disappeared."

"Do you think she was working for Hawkmoth?"

"Probably, some of the information was too perfect, but she definitely has a good heart. Why else would Adrien give her a miraculous. I trust that she had your best intentions in mind, too."

Marinette hummed.

"She's a fighter, too. Just not like you, Marinette."

"Then after the final battle, who got the butterfly miraculous," Marinette questioned.

Plagg stopped mid-air with his pupils dilated.

"Adrien."

Marinette whipped her head to look at him.

"Don't think he -"

"-No, never."

The two beings shared a nervous grin.

"But..., he might have given it to someone else," Plagg mumbled.

"What?!" She shrieked as she grabbed the kwami into her hand and shook him. "Who did he give it to?"

"I don't know!" He said with dizzy eyes. "It could be the same way he gave you the earrings. I didn't know you were Ladybug until yesterday."

She stopped moving her arm and squeezed her hand a little too tight for the kwami's comfort. What was Adrien thinking? Protecting the miraculous would mean keeping them close to heart. When if there are just 4 of them, she had the right to know about each and every one of them and she only had 3 in her possession and the most notorious one wasn't given gievn to her when he decided to pass responsibility onto her. She would really appreciate some transparency other than "Dad bad, I'm going to New York."

She needed a guidebook and a contract, not some ring that's stuck to her finger and an incompetent magical being.

"If you want me to become the new guardian Plagg, then I need to be absolutely sure of a few things?"

"Okay, okay," he nodded with difficulty .

"Am I the only one he gave a miraculous to?"

"I don't think so," he shook his head.

"Then, do you know any other miraculous users outside of us."

"I can't say. I've never even met more than 4 kwamis in my lifetime, let alone wearers."

"So, let me get this straight. Adrien, the so-called guardian of the miraculous, gave away every single one he had in his protection to strangers that you don't know and then spent the last 4 years without a single whimper over this guardianship thing to me and then expects me to carry on the mantle?"

Marinette felt the kwami shrug in her hand before sighing and letting him go.

"How many?" she asked out of breath."How many miraculous did he have?"

"Ten, including yours."

"And how many did he give away?"

Plagg's ears dropped to say the hard truth.

"All of them."

Marinette closed her eyes and froze.

Why? He's not dumb, so why? But Mayura gave her's up, as if she was asking Marinette to protect it. And then mentioning of the stripped one could mean that it was another gem that she was being tasked with protecting.

"The cat, ladybug, peacock, butterfly and stripped one. Only 3 can be accounted for. It's terrible to know that the butterfly is in the wrong hands, again, and the last one is just plain missing in action."

Marinette sat back into her chair and covered her face. And if the other 5 are just as good as the owns she has, then that's even more reason to get them under her watchful eye.

"Plagg," she voiced through her fingers. "We need to get all miraculous back."

The Black Cat somewhat agreed. Perhaps knowing who had what miraculous was the best idea in mind, but he was too lax to even remember names.

"But how are you gonna do that?"

"How are we going to do that?" She corrected him with a cheeky tone.

Plagg began distancing himself away from the girl as soon as she pulled down her hands. The fire in her eyes said it all. She was going to skip the instructions and force her way into the free trial.