𝘊𝘢𝘯 𝘉𝘰𝘺𝘴 𝘎𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘔𝘦 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘊𝘰𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘴?

"So what do you think?" Marinette said in a  shy voice that radiated falsehood

Damian winced with every chew he made.  That was as good an answer as any as Alya tried to suppress the chirps erupting from her throat. 

The boy nodded his head slowly before hesitating to swallow the baked monstrosity he regretted accepted.

"Yep," he mumbled through the crumbs. "It's good," he said as he raised his thumb to the girls.

"Oh, well I'm glad you like it. Here, have some more," Marinette grinned as she held out the tray for him.

Before the boy could rapidly decline the offer, Marinette had already grabbed Alya out of the kitchen and into the living room area of their less than humble family bakery.

"I can't believe he ate it!" The brown skinned girl burst out as she held onto her knees.

"Me too!"

The pair peeked their heads in back in the kitchen to see the black haired teen grimacing at the tray of salty delicacies that was ungraciously shoved in his hands.

"Geez, he's kind of just standing there. I'm starting to feel bad at this Alya."

"Aw, come on girl! The worse that could happen is him getting the runs and suing your family bakery over it."

"What?!" 

Marinette's eyes would have rolled out of her head if it wasn't for the sockets connected to them.

"Alya, you know we can't do that! My Dad can't lose this place and Mom's planning on renovating! It could ruin us."

Her best friend pinched her nose to reset her thoughts. 

"Relax Mari. He wouldn't do that. Probably."

Marinette was close to bucking her knees before Alya squished her cheeks.

"That's besides the point right now. He ate the cream puff and he played along. Damian's a real teamplayer, Mari. He would totally go along with our plan."

The blue head scrunched her nose in thought. Alya needed a better criterion of choosing prospectus partners-in-crime. The fact that he smiled in the face of saltiness was admirable, Marinette herself won't dare sacrifice herself for the sake of pleasantries but she did feel like she would someday need to return the favour.

As the shameless Alya rumbled nonstop about being unable to capture a photo of his face mid-chew, Marinette spotted Tikki floating around in the corner of room with a very displeased look on her face. Knowing that full well that the creature was growing impatient at her inaction, she secretly flashed her a nervous smile, one that she swiftly crossed her arms to be for disappearing into the ceiling.

Dupain-Cheng needed solid proof fast, before Tikki stopped communicating with her entirely.

"Okay girl it's time to get out there," Alya sang as she dragged her friend into the kitchen.