𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘕𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘈 𝘓𝘰𝘶𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘉𝘦𝘭𝘭

Marinette has never prayed so hard for the crime rate in her city to spike up again

Marinette has never prayed so hard for the crime rate in her city to spike up again. Anything to get Chat Noir to pop up on live television so that she could rush to his location.

The teen was beginning to realize that the black leathered superhero was a mystery to her. He's never available when you need him, he's always full of himself and cheesy jokes that at some point unwillingly rubbed onto her clumsiness. Above all else, he was really bad at explaining things. It was almost tragic. Communication was clearly his weakest trait. It took Marinette about half to realize the Ladybug's true potential for creation.

Although, it didn't mean the feline was that bad of a mentor. His way of approaching danger was more jester-like and that managed to make Marinette feel less nervous as Ladybug. He was a good hand-to-hand combat specialist so it made up for Ladybug's weird lucky charming stalling whenever the villain showed up.

But the real deal was his affectionate nature. Out of the two of them, the Cat really understood what it meant to be a caring person, it even made Marinette grow up to be more understanding in high school. Of course, there was a limit to how much nonsense an irritable 17-year-old could withstand but at least she learnt how to practice tolerance.

It seemed like no matter how badly people treated each other; Chat Noir would still want Marinette to cherish all the relationships she's managed to keep in life. It really gave her the sense that Chat Noir didn't really have that many people in his life like she did. Maybe that was the reason why he wanted Marinette and Ladybug to connect to people better than he did.

Marinette hugged her pillow tightly and rolled over to the other side of her bed.

"Oh, Chat. Where could a silly kitty like you be?"

Just as sleep overcame her eyelids, she heard tapping on the window of the latch that led up to the balcony of the bakery.

The teen froze. Her mother had also warned her about moments like these. Tapping on the window meant your ancestors were about to bring a message that could either be the best prophecy of a lifetime or the worst imaginable luck that the family hadn't seen for three generations.

Her heart was hitting against her lungs as she stood up from the bed and prepared herself for her fated message from the afterlife. Looking up to the latch, it was still covered in Christmas wallpaper. As the tapping continued, it became more rapid and louder. This ghost really had no sense of manners.

Ripping off the wallpaper, Marinette let out a relieved sigh when she saw that awfully goofy grin accompanied by a black mask to bring out his green eyes.

"Sheesh Kitty! You almost gave me a heart-attack!" Marinette grunted as she opened the latch to meet him on the balcony.

"I'm so sorry that my charm has sent your heart into shock once again Milady," he purred as he bowed at her.