𝘞𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘥 𝘑𝘶𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘦

Marinette can’t stop licking her fingers!

Her dad’s new cream puff recipe was to die for. She definitely needed to pay a little more attention to the amount of icing sugar because it had her looking like Santa growing out his stubble.

Breaking away from the pastry induced trance, she locked the hatch that called her bedroom door and began calling out for Tikki.

As her small and cute black and red kwami materialized from thin air into the clasp of her palms, she noticed how tired the little creature seemed.

“When are we going to stop going out on nightly patrol already? You should be studying for school like every other regular kid your age,” Tikki said in a sleepy voice.

“I’m sorry to say that I’m not just a normal girl living a normal life Tikki. Besides who’s going to keep Paris safe tonight without your awesome luck,” the teen cooed, making the kwami let out a meek smile.

“You don’t have to flatter me into it.”

“I know Tikki. That’s what makes you so awesome.”

The pair shared a giggle. God knows Marinette’s life would have been so ordinarily boring if it wasn’t for Tikki. Being granted powers that allowed her to become a superhero had to be the second best thing, next to having the Legendary Chat Noir handing her the pair of magical earrings that could turn her into a superhero!

A year before Marinette became the hero every French girl dreamt of being, there was the dream of becoming the very girl that would get swooped up by the nation’s favourite neighbourhood stray feline, Chat Noir. That black leather suit paired with his golden locks and adorable smile did wonders on a teenager’s imagination. Not to mention that his cheesy quips, charming, in an enduring sort of way. He was the lonesome warrior fighting against a sinister winged menace.

Just as he saw that he would be crushed by standing against Hawkmoth alone, he sought help from the then clumsy and very unaware Marinette who had barely seen the end of middle school. His clawed hand extended from behind boxes of flour stacked high, the pair of spotted earrings shining out to her. She would never forget the intense sadness in his voice when he said that it was too much to bear on his own, that he needed someone to listen to his woes. How he needed a friend.

Sure enough, Marinette jumped the gun like any fan girl would do and took up the mantle as the supporting side kick. By the time she finished her second year of high school she stood beside the black cat as an equal. They became the best of friends, however that little crush of hers never truly died down. She had always wondered if the cat had ever grown any feelings of attraction for her too but she felt it too inappropriate to ask. He was her mentor after all.

“Okay Tikki, spots on!”

With those magic words, Marinette’s body was covered with a red luminous glow before a red and black spotted suit with outlined wings on her back hugged her body. Of course her hair grew longer and turned black with her eye colour shifted from blue to brown. Her face fitted that iconic mask that gave her a more mature look. With little kwami magic, she was unrecognizable to the busybodies of Paris and she wanted to keep it that way.