[U] Chapter 2 - Caverns, Deserted Village, Future Plans.

"Mono/Dialogue"

'Inner thoughts'

Narration

Year: Data not found

Location: Data not found

POV: Narrator.

A low humming sound caresses the sparse wind that dominates the air within the subterranean world. The sound is rhythmic and balanced yet wild and distinct, fascinatingly quiet for an enclosed space that won't take too kindly upon jarring cacophony of noises.

The thing that moves with ease through the dark tunnel might be a statement of prowess and adaptability, it is not a simple feat to weave and trudge through the dark causeway. The way it turned with grace and well-timed sequences of actions. The small lights that have been produced further the attention it garnered.

Not that the one on top of it mind. The rider of this very thing might welcome it, what use is a good show without an audience, even the violent and unruly one, after all?

The one responsible is a young woman, from the looks of it, who is having the time of her life and joyously acts with utter impunity against anything that might disturb her enjoyment. Occasionally laughs in merriment to the detriment of whatever is unlucky enough to be passed by her roaring beast of metallic steel.

The woman gives the impression of a child being handed a new toy without adult supervision, an opinion that will most likely be affirmed by the culprit herself.

Weaving and speeding through with absolute initiative has been a novel experience for her, animals, beasts, critters, and even monsters that made the dimly lit earthen world their home ground can do nothing but stay out of her way and those who tried turned into a new red paint on the wall.

The woman keeps on moving in search of light she's eager to gaze upon once again. The scenery around her might be a good place to start.

{==}

Year: Data not found

Location: Data not found

POV: Narrator.

"hum~ hum~, hum~ hum~," The woman is humming with obvious joy lacing her voice that is as soft as bell chimes. The ride to the surface, to finally leave this dark and damp corridor, has been a relaxing one, of which she was pleasantly surprised.

Nyx was ready to be bored out of her mind and irritated along the way, who would have known that a simple bike ride could be so enjoyable? She starts lamenting her past selves, focusing too much on work and her smattering amount of days-off spent no better than screwing or being screwed by someone to forget her misery.

Where was she again? Ah yes, her new hobby.

The feeling of fulfillment when you can quickly make a split-second decision and avoid trouble here and there while speeding down the lane was, and still is, immensely cathartic. Compared to her sitting around inside a transport in her previous life, not knowing whether you would live or die from sheer luck itself, This degree of freedom is certainly best...

She would have been laughing like a maniac if her only memories of the world were nothing more than kill or be killed. Memories that are still surfacing back and argue that she also has hobbies... just no time whatsoever to do anything about it. So this is a pleasant change of pace.

'I can get used to this' Nyx thinks that this hobby will be a significant part of this new life of hers. To the point of entertaining the idea of prolonging her ride around here, the fuel tank should last for the foreseeable future after all.