[E] Chapter 19 - Movements, Cloak and Dagger...

"Mono/Dialogue"

'Inner thoughts'

Narration

[Message/communication apparatus]

Date: March 1081

Location: Unoccupied Land, Northern Victorian Border Zone.

POV: Narrator

6 Shadowy figures are blitzing through the woodwork beneath the veil of moonlight, judging by their dark, light-absorbent, attires, it can be safely ruled out that they're anything but working beneath the sunlight.

The forest is deathly silent, with no chirping of the beast, no howls of territorial predators, only the sounds of swaying branches and leaves dominating the gloomy woodland. It might be fair to surmise that their intention is anything but pure,

Their gear ranged from retractable blades, claws, and spears up to bows, throwing knives, and even an originium gun. With a 2-man cell team, with varying mixes of weaponry, they can manage to cover one another with better flexibility.

By using the branches, they weaved and manuevered from one position to another with a staggering speed, impressive enough to awe their potential target, adversary, and charge. Not only did they move with practiced coordination, but these figures had masterfully dampened their noise.

Not long after, a radio transmission came alive on their respective communication apparatuses.

[This is Command to All teams, remember that your primary task is to eliminate hostiles and extract potentially valuable intel, break.]

[The secondary task is to capture hostile HVT by the codename of "7th Diamond" for further intelligence extraction. Break.]

[Alpha team will act as the designated field commander and have jurisdiction upon decision-making when the mission gone astray. All teams, how copy? Over.]

"Alpha Team copy, continuing on pre-designated tasking, over."

[Beta Team copy, continuing and preparing for infiltration, over.]

[Charlie Team copy, staking up our overwatch post, over and out.]

With that as the cue, the rest of the team starts occupying their pre-designated post.

Alpha 1 and 2 were tasked as the primary assault and QRF, their objective was to lure out hostile combatants and bait them out of position, a really straightforward role. The team is made up of a Feline and a Liberi. Due to their role, they are well armed with mostly melee weaponry and protected with durable but light Mill-Arms Mk.III Kevlar Vest.

Beta 1 and 2 will be the primary infiltration units, ideally, they must do their job swiftly and quietly while hostile combatants remain unaware of their existence. The team is made up of a rare Manticore race and a Zalak. They are the lightest armed and protected team, their task is not to engage the enemy but to extract intel and slip through the chaos when the situation goes FUBAR.

Charlie 1 and 2 shall act as backup elements while also providing overwatch. Thus they are more heavily armed to compensate against potential complications during the mission. This team is made up of a pair of Liberi who specialized in long-range combat but ditched their armor in favor of more ammunition and support equipment while maintaining a reasonable carry weight limit.

Alpha took up a position near the target compound and waited for the Beta team to start their task. Charlie's team meanwhile is conducting a much more extensive reconnaissance meant to verify the intel about hostile formation gained beforehand.