[E] Chapter 25 - Seperate deals, A lost man...

"Mono/Dialogue"

'Inner thoughts'

Narration

[Message/communication apparatus]

Date: 8th March 1082

Location: Kawalerielki, Kazimierz

POV: Narrator

A blond-haired, brown-eyed, Kuranta wearing a stylish sweater and skirt was seen entering a dinner. The dinner was amongst the fanciest ones for middle–upper–class citizens. She had made a reservation and after the usual procedure, was ushered towards one of several private rooms.

Entering it, she found a grey-haired Pythian leaning against the wall while looking outwards towards the city. She is dressed in a really 'militaristic' getup but still looks normal enough for everyday wear. Just a pair of long-sleeved sweaters and cargo pants with a matching dark green color.

The Pythian wasn't even startled, she knew all of it and just waited for her guest to say something.

"Did I make you wait?"

"Eh, I don't mind really... Long time no see."

The Kuranta was Nelka Ramona, she was meeting her contractor who happens to be her old friend, best friend to be exact. She is none other than Nyx, the infamous Grey Serpent.

"Well, things had been rather hectic. Thankfully, Richard has no problem helping me from time to time..."

"I would never thought that a farm girl managed to snag herself a man of respectable stature. Kinda sounds like stuff you only find in novels and those sappy shits."

"Well, Richard is nice. He had approached me with nothing but his name and skill, at first. Of course, you always caution me, but it turns out he is genuine."

"Hm~, shall we then?"

"Sure."

With that, they sat on our respective seats and browsed the menu that had been displayed by a touchscreen. Years ago Nelka would have been nervous to dine in a place like this, but after her promotion and occasional formalities, it's now nothing else than a norm.

Of course, she would rather be somewhere less fancy and she still does regardless of what her fellow people in power say. Nelka at her core is still the same frugal girl with fascination no different than a young adult.

Back on the menu, they ordered a steak and salad along with complementary spices and sauces. Nelka also ordered alcohol, her intention is clear with a smirk on her face. Nyx can only grumble at the blatant provocation, but she won't risk it just to prove a point for something minor.

"Still as lightweight as ever, hmm? What's with that?"

"Hmph... My alcohol tolerance isn't your problem."

"Come on Nyx, live a little won't you."

"There is a difference between live a little and making a mistake."

"Really now? Excuses~"

"Grrr...."

One is having a time of her life of finally having an edge over her nigh-perfect friend. The other can only growl in annoyance, which made her glare feel like a pout at best...

It goes on for a minute until they burst out giggling in delight.

"Oh man, I needed that. Who knows that acting like an over-glorified advertisement piece can be so exhausting... but hey, at least I stopped killing people regularly for a while."