[E] Chapter 40 - Young Lady's Plight; Alea Iacta Est.

"Mono/Dialogue"

'Inner thoughts'

Narration

[Message/communication apparatus]

Date: 14th October 1085

Location: Bavaria–Leichtstein, Leithanien.

POV: Narrator

An armored vehicle can be seen speeding through the wilderness, one can also see a Pythian lady, perched on top of it like a hawk, eyeing her surroundings attentively. Her hand is gripping a giant compound bow tightly, there also appear to be several sets of drones crisscrossing the sky to provide reconnaissance and surveillance in case a hostile or foreign element is approaching the lone mobile fortress.

It has been merely 2 hours since they left the mobile city, the rain grew worse but the Pythian herself is resolute to stand on guard. Chilly wind and stormy weather barely phase her. While she stood on guard, the armored vehicle also sheltered 3 individuals of interest...

"Conrad was it?" One of the passengers asks if she is a Caprinae woman. She prompted a conversation with a rather interesting partner, which is none other than the artificial intelligence called C.O.N – R.A.D.

[That's indeed me, something the matter, lady...?] The A.I. shows expression through the moving screen that can freely maneuver within the vehicle. It shows an expression of puzzlement with a blinking question mark.

"Kola Löwenstein."

[Ah yes, which name do you prefer?]

"Either is fine, I'm not exactly bothered with how people addressed me, truth be told."

[Very well then, if I may be so bold I shall call you Lady Kola... so what is it that you wish to discuss?]

"Wouldn't it affect Lady Baroness' health to be so exposed outside against the storm?"

[Ah, that would be of no concern. I admittedly had some misgivings in regards to her workaholic attitude... but I assure you all that she was quite the dis-] A certain Pythian that has been listening quietly interjected.

"Sometimes I just wanna rip and tear off something... cables or the like might be acceptable... Don't worry though, it has nothing to do with any of you. Just saying what I had in mind out loud..." She spoke nonchalantly, her artificial companion interface showing a sweating expression with trembling hands.

[Of course, My Lady... you might much prefer to have a little distressing back at base...?] Nyx didn't answer, thus letting the A.I. know that it is in the clear to continue... Is it forgiven? Well...

[A-Ahem, as I was saying... there is no cause for concern for Lady Nyx's health. I daresay she is even more well-built, aside from muscle standpoint, and resilient than the finest Kazimierzian Knightess or Minoan War Priestess.]

"... In my opinion, wouldn't it be more prudent of her to save her strength? It would be a disastrous misfortune if she were to perform haphazardly due to common cold as an example."

[Indeed, thusly... what say you, my lady? Fret not, I have drones monitoring the surroundings, thus you may rest easy for a moment. Come now, you had worked hard enough as is...] The A.I. gives a thumbs-up and smiling face towards Kola. Nyx still didn't answer, until they heard a sigh from outside.

"Fine..." Nyx immediately settled herself back into the vehicle through the steel-reinforced window. Her movements were smooth and despite being drenched from head to toe, not once did she make a mess with splashes of water or the ensuing rain that kept on worsening.