[U] Chapter 10 - Contracts, News, Nearls.

"Mono/Dialogue"

'Inner thoughts'

Narration

[Message/communication apparatus]

Date: November 1077

Location: Section 22: Residential District B, Kawalerielki, Kazimierz.

POV: Narrator

The sun shines through the cracks between the veil that separates the room from the outside world. A soft warmth that gently nudges and caresses the bed occupant to finally free herself from self-indulgent dreams or meddlesome nightmares. Slowly but surely the bed occupant rouses from her sleep and does a light stretch.

"Mmm~... morning already?"

The last few days had been quite a novel experience, just putting up some light make-up, a casual sweater with jeans, and then her watchers from Armorless Union were immediately panicking. Suspecting that their target had somehow left their net of surveillance, which was a really false notion.

Nyx smirked inwardly at that time, how such minimal change had thrown them off that badly. Of course that only lasted 3 days before they concluded that their target was always there. She can sense their confusion, and something like fascination... with the usual lust mixed in.

At this point, she just couldn't care less if nothing stood in her way or that no one tried anything funny... Unfortunately, there are already several brazen people who thought that she was but a harmless and exquisite rose. Only to learn firsthand that said rose was made of steel with razor-sharp thorns.

The number of people trying to hit on her was in the second digits yesterday. Of course, she played along and mustered the fakest yet still amicable smile to see what she could get. Turns out some of them truly just wanted a conversation partner, while the rest are serious, trying their luck, or outright wanting her.

After a short confirmation with her clock that indicated the current time to be 6:00, Nyx left the comfortable confines of her bed... with nothing underneath.

She had grown fond of the feeling of waking up in the morning without any restrictive clothing. Of course, she always has a pair of underwear and a t-shirt or tank top within arm's reach.

She is now heading to the bathroom and will take her morning shower.

After her quick bath, she starts making a simple breakfast to start her day. The apartment she is renting belongs to the 22nd section of the city. Kawalerielki is made up of multiple sections that are, surprisingly, capable of attaching or detaching themselves during an emergency.

Turning on her television, she ate her breakfast while watching a documentary of sorts. She currently binging some historical narration... along with the political baggage that accompanied the most educational show...

[Empire of Victoria was co-ruled by the Draco, Artorius Royal Family, and the Aslan, Victoria Royal Family since they signed an armistice to stop the war between them. The Draco had disappeared by 1072 however, leaving the Aslan as sole ruling monarch of Victoria. The situation immediately deteriorated since then, culminating in a coup d'état against the remaining royal family and the subsequent hanging of the King not long after.]

[The Aslan Royalist faction and the tower knights had been on a steady decline, especially with the Steam Knights that had been sent away to safeguard the border. Victorian Parliament had declared a state emergency for years due to the disappearance of Her Highness Crown Princess Alexandrina Victoria, the only known rightful heiress to the throne after the hanging of his Majesty, amidst the bloody coup 5 Years ago. Grand Duchy of Caster, also related by blood to the currently missing Crown Princess, had redoubled their efforts to secure her Highness's safety.]