[E] Chapter 17 - A little help, right?

"Mono/Dialogue"

'Inner thoughts'

Narration

[Message/communication apparatus]

Date: Data not found

Location: Data not found

POV: Narrator

Terrans are made up of a multitude of races, these races have their sub-race with their own set of peculiarities. How these races came to be is truly puzzling, but technology has proved time and time again that the answer is somewhere in there, waiting to be discovered and then understood.

Ancients, a very wide umbrella that encompassed the majority of races that presided Terra, Sarkaz instead called them the invaders who had forcefully snatched away their homeland. The truth, however, has little significance on the subject that would be discussed at the moment.

There are also the Elder Races, they used to be the ruling caste of Terran society. In scientific terms, they are the alpha in one way or another. Elder Races have dwindled in modern times, but they all share one similar thing: Both still share the fabled root of being associated with beasts, judging from the similarities of both their physiological and physical features.

Due to what we call Anthropomorphism, the likening of one's characteristics, mostly physical and otherwise, although debatable, had affected how they functioned as a whole. These humanoid races have been predated to as old as 10,000 years and counting. They have their logical characteristics too... but there are exceptions.

It also needs to be said that crossbreeding is not exactly viable, which should have been naturally impossible given the vastly differing nature of each race. It can be said that all Terran, except for the Sarkaz and Sankta which would be elaborated somewhere in the future, are similar yet different.

There are however the so-called Chimera, the Hybrids. They exist and although they follow the natural pattern of which genes ended up being the dominant ones, they still exhibit significant capability of their respective parental races.

The method of crossbreeding between races with a natural mean had been thought to be nigh-impossible due to reasons, including reasons such as the worsening political, societal, and even geographical climate that is Terra. One of the defining factors is how ordinary Terrans have this racial inclination to copulate with their people, especially when they share the same cultural root that varies between clans or families.

So, if natural methods are considered unviable, redundant, and even perceivably considered to be taboo, doesn't that mean that other methods such as artificially based have been tried? Yes, ranging from the acceptable but still dangerous artificial insemination to the forbidden and highly volatile gene engineering, and even outright what can be inferred as playing god to create an entirely new species.

Artificial insemination is the most straightforward, where the female egg is injected with a healthy sperm to ensure the viability and probability of success. Artificial insemination is rarely done in Terra since the natural way works the same and crossbreeding is rare to begin with.

Gene engineering, although outlawed, banned, discredited, and all those fancy words for "no", exist regardless of circumstances. Of course, blatantly doing it will cause a massive problem, thus pretenses with their respective smokes and mirrors exist.

Gene engineering can be broadly summed as an activity to alter or even change a species' biological function and or characteristics. Normal gene engineering is usually aimed at something mundane such as self-repairing cells, extended lifespan, enhanced motor function, and so on. The most notorious and highly sought-after gene engineering are either the Super Soldier Procurement Act, or SSPA, and the Weapons of Biological Nature, or WBN.