Coming To Terms

Lilith sat up in the bed she was laying in, she put both hands on her head and gave a deep "sigh" it's been 3 days since she was reincarnated into a novel. She cried for 2 days straight, I mean hey who wouldn't when you just died leaving behind family and friends. If that wasn't bad enough, she was reincarnated as a side character who was nothing more than Cannon Fodder, destined to die in the upcoming months. 

Well she wasn't going to stand for it! She isn't just going to just take it and roll over dead again. No She has decided to avoid the main characters as much as possible, save up money and leave this story behind! She stands up and walks over to the Vanity, takes a seat and starts brushing her hair. First she'll start working and save up money, this character has absolutely nothing to her name. She has sent every last penny home to her greedy parents who spend frivolously, after all they have the image of "Wealthy" to uphold. 

These aren't Lilith's real parents so why should she care if they uphold this image or not. Once done with brushing her hair, she braids it and puts it behind her back. Grabbing the maid outfit neatly folded beside the bed, she puts it on and steps back in front the mirror once more. At least this character she possed was very beautiful, slapping both cheeks she leaves the room.

Even though Lilith was not the original owner of this body, she was in possession of her memories. Entering the Kitchen she sees the head maid listing off items for todays breakfast. 

"Ah Lilith I am glad to see you are feeling better, please help set the table and come back when you're finished"

L"Yes Head Maid"

Lilith quickly dashes into the dining room and starts setting the plates out with one other maid. Suddenly there is a crash, Lilith looks at the maid who just dropped a plate shattering it in the process. 

L"Oh my gosh are you injured?"

The maid looks at her with a panicked expression.

"What am I going to do, the Head Maid will cut my pay for this. I have children at home!"

Lilith bites her bottom lip, She doesn't want to get in trouble but Sarah has helped the previous owner of her body quite often. 

L"I'll go get a rag out of the cleaning closet and we'll clean it up before anyone comes"

Sarah nods her head vigorously as Lilith leave the dinning room, coming back a short time later with a rag. They clean the plate cutting Lilith's finger in the process, it's nothing major so she ignores it.

L"I'll go throw this away, you finish setting the table. I'll be back soon"

Lilith quickly rushes out the room and throws the broken plate away before anyone can notice. Coming back inside she strides quickly back to the dinning room not looking ahead, her head collides with something extremely hard and solid. It makes her yelp in surprise and she quickly starts rubbing her head, slowly looking up in the process. The rock she just collided with was none other than Crown Prince Alistair! Gasping she quickly bows as low as she can.

L"I'm terribly sorry Your Highness! I..I wasn't looking where I was going, please forgive my impudence!"

The crown prince says nothing, but Lilith can feel the overwhelming pressure he emits. Her body feels tingly, and she can feel her face heat up slightly, But still the Crown Price says nothing. Why did she have to bump into the crown prince, is she going to die sooner then she thought?