New Dilemma

Alicia's POV

Alicia paced back and forth in her room, chewing at her thumb nail as she did.

This doesn't make any sense! The book I read clearly said that the Crown Prince and I didn't meet until after Lilith's death. This can't possibly be right, and Lilith seems different then the book described as well. In the book she was described as meek and quiet, doing whatever the male lead wanted to gain her approval.

I've been reincarnated in this book since the original Alicia was five, I played the perfect little girl. The Prince was supposed to fall in love with me, every character in this world belongs to me! Maybe the timing was just off, clearly the Prince could smell my pheromones. That's it, I just didn't have enough time with him. I have to see him once more, but what is the relationship between him and Lilith? He clearly called her by name, and she didn't seem surprised by it.

No.. It doesn't matter, Prince Xavier is mine, and I will do whatever I have to get him back. Even if I have to get rid or Lilith Thorn myself! 

Third Person POV

Lilith's eyelids felt heavy, her body sore. She couldn't remember much of what happened, just that her body felt unbelievably hot. Forcing herself to open her eyes, she's greeted by an unfamiliar ceiling. Turning her head to the side she sees a man she's never seen before, opening her mouth she tries to speak, unfortunately her throat is too dry and all she manages out is a sigh. 

Ivan looks up from the documents he was reading.

I "I see you've woken up, I'll ring a maid to help you drink and change."

Lilith looked puzzling at the man before her, he gave no explanation of who he was or what was going on. Once the maid arrived, Ivan immediately stepped out. It was improper for a unmarried man and woman to be in the same room, but that wasn't the biggest issue. Ivan knew His Highness intended to make this woman his, unless he didn't value his life he best leave. 

The maid helped Lilith drink some water, once finished she helped her change clothes.

L "Umm... can you tell me what's going on?"

The maid gave her a sympathetic look but shook her head after and continued on. Lilith felt that even if she asked more questions the maid would not answer them. Once the maid stepped out, Ivan stepped back in. Sitting down in the chair he was sat previously, he folded his hands in his lap.

I "It's a pleasure to meet you Lilith Thorn, my name is Ivan Gain. I will be informing you of your daily activities as the Crown Prince's maid." 

Lilith immediately recognized the name, how could she not, he was The Prince's aid. The person Prince Xavier trusted more than anyone else. 

I "I will not be answering any questions, as it was not requested of me."

Lilith was shocked, but only slightly. The book had described him perfectly, Cold, aloof, and never saying more than what needed to be said. Lilith had no intentions to ask him questions after finding out he was the second male lead, she wanted to avoid him as much as possible as well. 

Ivan was quite surprised she didn't ask him anything, most women he met were chatty. He could see why the Crown Prince was interested in her. He was curious about the sweet scent he had smelled previously. But the Prince had coated this room in his scent, masking it, if there was any of it at all.

I "Your job is to attend to the Crown Prince, wherever he goes you must go as well, unless requested not to. Make sure he eats his meals regularly and follow any requests he has for you. Here is your first month's payment, I look forward to working with you."

Smiling subtly Ivan placed an envelope on the nightstand and walked to the door.

I "Ah yes, I forgot to mention. This room will be your new room, that door across from the bed leads to His Highness's room, well rest well."

Lilith's eyes nearly popped out of her head. 

L "What!?" 

Ivan didn't give her a chance to argue, he was already gone.