Meeting The King

Lilith's heart was beating so fast, meeting the Empress was one thing, but the King himself was totally different. She had the urge to run for the hills right then and there. So lost in her thoughts she failed to realize that she never let Xavier's hand go. Squeezing it tightly whenever she thought about how much the King might not like her. 

Xavier chuckled to himself whenever she did so, thinking how cute it was that she was so nervous. He knew his mother was already fond of Lilith, but his father was a different matter entirely. He knew his father didn't trust people easily, and that he was skeptical of anyone or anything. But no matter what, he would protect Lilith. 

Arriving at the royal garden Xavier could see his mother and father already seated waiting for tea to be served. He turned to Lilith who was shaking slightly from fear. 

X "Lilith"

Lilith looked up at Xavier, squeezing his hand harder. 

X "I'll protect you no matter what"

L "You.... you promise?"

Xavier chuckled.

X "I Promise"

Lilith took a deep breath to calm herself, she then nodded to Xavier. 

The two walked forward and greeted the King and the Empress.

X "I greet you Imperial Father, Imperial Mother."

Lilith curtsied as low as she could.

L "I greet you're Royal Majesties, King Alexander, Empress Amelia."

King Alexander was very pleased with this greeting, even though Xavier had already mated with this woman she didn't claim to be a daughter-in-law quite yet. He could tell this woman was not haughty and showed no disrespect. Her eyes did not seek greed, in fact it was quite the opposite, she looked ready to run away at a seconds moment. 

K "You may rise" 

Lilith sighed, she wanted nothing more then to run away. However she knew she had a responsibility to this child if she was pregnant. She felt bad for the female lead, and if she isn't pregnant she will give the position back to her immediately. 

E "Lilith dear, please take the seat next to mine."

Lilith was quite shocked, but she knew it would be rude to say no. 

L "It will be my pleasure Your Royal Highness."

The Empress smiled behind her fan, she quite liked Lilith. She was bright, her etiquette was impeccable. She had read the report Xavier had given her when he told her about Lilith. She knew Lilith needed money, and that she worked hard for money, but she could tell that Lilith had no desire to stay with the Crown Prince otherwise. Obviously money wasn't everything to Lilith after all. 

Lilith took a seat next to the Empress, Xavier sat next to her. 

They all chatted for some time, Lilith was relieved. Although it had been stressful in the beginning, once she chatted with the King and Empress she could tell they were ordinary people away from the public eye. Her and the Empress got especially close, the Empress was quite excited about the wedding. And was already making a ton of plans. 

Lilith never got married in her past life, and her parents did not care for her one bit in this world. It was heartwarming that the Empress filled that hole in her heart. She didn't realize it, but she started to feel less inclined to leave. 

Once teatime was over, Lilith and Xavier departed back to his room. Once they arrived, Lilith stopped at the door, bowed and wished Xavier a good night. As she turned to leave Xavier caught her hand. Pulling her in an embrace he whispered in her ear. 

X "Do you want to stay with me?"

Lilith sucked in a breath. 

Just earlier today she decided not to be more involved with the Prince then she had too, but she had such a good time at teatime she didn't know what she should do.  She could tell she was developing feeling for Xavier, and his parents as well. She felt jealous towards to female lead for the first time since transmitting into this book. Should she just indulge herself, for awhile at least? 

Hello my dear readers, I am so sorry for the long wait! Unfortunately I have had to go back to work, so I don't have as much time as I'd like to write. I really appreciate everyone's patience, I will continue to try and update when I can! Thank you so much for the love and support!!