Chapter 41

Author's Note:

Hello everyone! It's been a loooooong time, hasn't it? I didn't intend for the final chapter of book one to take this long to finish. But life does what it does and causes chaos. On top of that, I think I struggled with ending the first book because I didn't want it to end, even though I am writing two more.

Anyway, I hope y'all have been well and can forgive me for the long-awaited final chapter of book one. I hope this final chapter entertains you and makes you feel all the feels.

Take care everyone and enjoy!

----------------------------------------

Medical paperwork littered the desk; anatomy pages with sketches, blood work results, test results, profiles, and pictures of two patients.

Orochimaru rested one hand on two photos. He couldn't help the smile he gave the photo of Naruto. "Well?"

"They're identical, Orochi... Absolutely identical in every way except for appearance." Tsunade sighed, rubbing her forehead with the heel of her hand. "I don't know how it's medically possible to be this exact. Not even identical twins' genetics are this close. There's always a divergence." She looked at all the papers. "But these two? The divergence is in their appearances and personalities. Obviously, their genetics reflect their looks. But everything else? Identical."

"So, what you're saying is that when they came back, they somehow merged together on an atomic level, then separated and combined with this times versions of themselves?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying. Kurama arrived several weeks after Naruto. Which, I only estimate a guess on this one, is because Naruto had a physical body to combine with. While Kurama essentially had to have a human body created for him."

"So are they hanyo, or are they full yokai?" Orochimaru's brow knit as he looked over the paperwork. "They have been calling themselves hanyo. Because they can't each be a Biju. Not with their human genetics."

Tsunade laughed weakly. "I don't think a hanyo would be nearly as strong as they are. I'd love to see them in their full forms."

"While fighting Danzo, Kurama had nine-tails at one point." Orochimaru shook his head. "But he just looked like tailed beast mode. Covered in that red and black cloak." He tilted his head. "Though his cloak matched his chakra color. It was purple, now that I think about it."

"From what you've told me about Biju, that means it wasn't his final form."

"What amazes me about it is that in my original timeline, by nine-tails, he should have had a very different form. It was like he was using half of his full power, even at-.." A look of realization lit up Orochimaru's expression. "He was fighting Danzo's control. So, he didn't go into his full form. He put himself at a halfway point." He couldn't help but smirk. "I wonder if Danzo realized."

Tsunade watched her old teammate and friend. She saw more of the man she grew up with than she had in several decades. Whatever happened in the future, he hadn't really shed any light on his personal experiences and his own changes. Whatever, or whoever caused the drastic change deserved a title or something. They accomplished what she and Jiraiya gave up on and considered impossible. Orochimaru was probably better off and far more mentally stable than either Tsunade or Jiraiya. And that was a shocker.

"Either way, I think yours and Naruto's plan is for the best. I don't know how you'll get the jinchuuriki approved to move to Otogakure, but if anyone can do it, I'm sure it's you." She paused and looked at the spread-out files. "Kurama will have to go back and forth between the villages in between his other work. We should move Naruto as soon as possible." She looked across the desk into golden snake eyes. "That way we can do the transplant and he can be safely in Otogakure to rest."