Chapter Five

A/N: TADA! True to my current pattern, here is chapter five about 24 hours later! HAHAHA! I have no life. ._.

This chapter was a little tougher to write. Not entirely sure why because Kurama was fun as all hell to write. Me thinks I'm being too hard on myself. I'm also worried this chapter is boring. So be nice and tell it isn't boring? :3

Don't really have much to ramble about this time. Lucky for you guys! Hah! T-T

ON WITH THE SHOW!

(Artwork isn't mine. Artist name and link on the picture.)

------

Kurama quickly figured out that he was in the ruins of Uzushio. So in his infinite wisdom, he began scavenging for anything that might have survived the destruction and eventual decay. Honestly, he was hoping to find some damned clothes. He was freezing without his fur and he was pretty sure that it would be highly inappropriate for him to swagger around stark fucking naked. No matter how hot he was. And he freely admitted that the Sage gave him one hell of a hot body. At least, from what he could see of it. He really wanted a mirror!

"Ask and ye shall receive!" He grinned, having spotted a mirror amongst some rubble of a half destroyed and crumbling home. He also found some torn pieces of rotted cloth and snagged a piece to wipe the dust and dirt from the mirror. His eyes connected with the reflection and he stared at it...at himself.

"So this is me huh? Not bad..." He touched his face, turning it side to side, noticing the sharp ears. "Seriously? I look like a fucking elf." He deadpanned at the reflection, the tips of his fingers touching his beautifully shaped ears. Then he opened his mouth, lifting and pushing his lips to see his teeth, giving the mirror a feral and sharp-toothed grin. "Good enough to tear throats out with." He chuckled darkly. He missed Naruto... There was no one around to hear his dark humor or talk to him. He was....lonely.

Sniffing somewhat he turned sideways and backed up from the mirror that was the length of about half of a full-length mirror. He continued to examine his new form, using that as a way to distract himself. "Holy Sage... look at that ASS!" He laughed, grinning wide and grabbing two handfuls of cheeks.

He had the perfect heart shaped ass. What was Hagoromo on!? Why make him so devilishly, stunningly beautiful? He wasn't necessarily feminine, but he wasn't really masculine either. In truth, and soon to be his own curiosity, he could likely wear either type of clothing and pull it off in a very believable way. What did that make him? Shikamaru had called Sai it one time. What was it? OH! Androgynous. He grinned, he could live with that.

Especially since his voice was decidedly masculine. It wasn't baritone like Madara, but it wasn't lilting and high. It was more... Well, it had a wildness in it like a rising storm but sounded like melting honey on a hot summer day. Just deep enough to caress one's ears but silky enough to assume he could have easily sung somewhere between a tenor and countertenor.

Now that he had seen what he looked like it was time to find some clothes, and if he was lucky, hair ties or something to tie his hair back. It was getting annoying. It was long, lush, and thick. Which may have sounded like a good thing. But anyone who had hair like his knew how completely annoying, heavy, and disruptive it was. It was so heavy he felt it tugging his head back a little which brought tension to his shoulders. And it was so thick it felt like a carpet was draped over his back. Well, at least it was good for something - kept him, at least his back, warm.

Still, it was fucking annoying. Sighing, he gathered the long mass into his hands and with a skill he only ever saw Orochimaru have, he twisted it up into a self-supporting bun, tucking the bits of yellow strands sticking out. He gave his reflection a grin, the choppily layered portions on his head flared around his face and some swooping over his forehead and half over his left eye. He looked...cute. Weird. He wasn't used to being or appearing as anything other than a monstrous beast who could destroy the world, and would enjoy doing it. Now he looked cute. Again, weird.