Chapter Nine

A/N: Hey everyone! So.. I had trouble ending this chapter. Cause of that, it's 21 pages long. XD Oops? Uhm, should be a good read, I think. Lots of interesting and fun stuff happens. Slight plot push forward, or moderate push forward I guess. I felt like playing with Tenzo, so I did.

Got nothing else to say. Hope you enjoy chapter nine!

ON WITH THE SHOW! 

(Don't own the picture. I've had it forever, so I don't know who did it or what website it came from.)

------

"Where were you yesterday? Everyone was worried, even Iruka-sensei." Kiba grumped at Naruto. "I missed you." He pouted with big puppy eyes.

Naruto smiled, unable to help himself he reached up and scratched behind Kiba's ear. "Aww my little wolf missed me?"

Kiba's eyes fluttered slightly, he leaned into the touch, Akamaru having to jump from his head to the floor to avoid falling off. He scolded Kiba with a bark. Kiba had no idea he would like someone touching his hair...or scratching behind his ear like a dog.

"Well, that's new." Shikamaru yawned. "I guess Kiba really is a dog."

"WOLF!" Kiba growled. "I mean..!" He held up his hands, smacking Naruto's away and looking mortified. "I'M NOT A DOG!"

Naruto snickered, glancing at Shikamaru who chuckled. "Aw, it's okay Fido! Your master is here now." He winked at Naruto earning himself a blush from the blond and an adorable giggle at calling Kiba fido. Shikamaru - 3, Kiba - 0.

"Shikamaru..." The Inuzuka growled low, baring his fangs at the genius. "If anything, I'm Naruto's master!"

Naruto blinked owlishly, pointing at himself.

Kiba's mouth dropped open as he stared at his two friends. Did he just say that out loud?

Shikamaru burst in a roar of laughter, unable to contain his victory over thoroughly embarrassing and horrifying Kiba. Shikamaru - 4, Kiba - 0.

"Damn Nara." He growled, narrowing his eyes Shika before sliding his arm around Naruto's shoulders, pulling him close. "Let's go sit Naruto." He walked with the blond, looking over his shoulder at Shikamaru smugly. Shikamaru - 4, Kiba - 1.

The Nara narrowed his eyes, tucking his hands into his pockets and following the other two to their shared desk towards the back of the room.

Sasuke looked up, looking at Naruto, as he started to walk by, hopeful. "Naruto..." He started to stand. "I..."

Naruto paused, glancing up at Kiba, smiling. "I'll meet you over there." Kiba looked at Naruto, then Sasuke. His glared at the Uchiha, he still smelled wrong, Shiba was right.

His hand slid down Naruto's back, pausing at his lower back and sliding towards his side as Kiba slipped away with a nod. Shikamaru lifted a brow, looking down at Sasuke as he followed Kiba to the back, his gaze a warning to Sasuke. It went without saying that those two, Shikamaru, and Kiba, would maim anyone in that classroom who laid a finger on Naruto or made him cry or fuck it, made him even remotely sad.

"I'm sorry about yesterday morning, Sasuke... I didn't mean to...hurt you." He looked down, shifting from one foot to the other nervously. "I just... uhm... wa-waking up like that...it..it triggered something... And..I... I overreacted. I'm sorry." He bowed in apology.

Sasuke remained in his half standing position, his hands braced against the desk. He stared at the blond in shock. He hadn't expected the smaller boy to apologize to him! He should be apologizing to Naruto.

"N-no." Sasuke looked down. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have stayed. I should have left you...in..in your clothes and in my bed... I could've gone to my brother's room or something." He swallowed, standing fully, he reached out to touch Naruto's head and stopped himself mere inches from blond hair. "I'm so sorry I caused yet another episode..." He pulled his hand back. "L-look at me, please? His voice was quiet, soft-spoken the entire time, trying to keep their conversation private.