Chapter Twenty-six

A/N: Another long-ass chapter for you all. I couldn't seem to stop writing. It's like 26 pages. Hah >-<

Still struggling super hard with getting these nice, happy scenes out. Ugh so hard to write happy, loving stuff. .-.

Also, a reader on Ao3 requested some flashbacks of Orochimaru from the original timeline. :) I'll add more as things go along. They had the wonderful idea and request to have some flashbacks to the original timeline. Mainly from Orochimaru's view of things, or his story. And I'm happy to provide it. I wasn't sure anyone would be interested in any flashbacks. If you are, please let me know in the comments. :D

(Art isn't mine. No idea whose it is.)

ON WITH THE SHOW!!!

------

Naruto stood outside of the Inn, staring up at the large building nervously. He didn't want to go straight to Gaara's room all half-cocked and everything. That may have been how he used to do it. But after over a decade being in a war and everything else he's...calmed some. Part of him was considering waiting until chūnin exams to actually meet Gaara. But he was right there, in that building, in Konoha. And damn if Naruto didn't miss the auburn haired little psychopath!

About to turn away Naruto paused as Gaara came out of the building, eyeing Naruto. The blond stared back at the redhead. "What are you?" Gaara's dearly missed deep, gravelly monotone voice hit Naruto like a massive slap of memories.

Naruto's tail swished and he smiled happily. He blinked, tail? He looked back at the fluffy fox tail and sweatdropped, he forgot to go back to normal. He looked back at Gaata and grinned anyways. "I'm Naruto Uzumaki. Kyūbi Jinchūriki. And you're the Ichibi Jinchūriki. Though no one's told you that yet." He frowned some. "And your seal is piss-poor too. I can hear and feel Shukaku screaming from here, or....mother, as you so weirdly call him."

Gaara stared at Naruto, arms crossed in front of his chest, gourd on his back. Naruto's biggest mission aside from helping his young friend was to make sure he didn't smooth his hair down like a little weirdo. He looked much better with it flying free and spiky. Much, much better. Gaara continued to stare at Naruto and Naruto stared back.

"Mother wants your blood," Gaara stated simply.

"Oh, I bet he does. He's always been a major nutjob of a brat." Naruto smirked, he could practically hear Shukaku snort at him. Naruto stepped slowly forward, seeing Gaara tense. "I can help, ya know." He pointed at Gaara's head. "Help settle all the pain and chaos."

Gaara's eyes narrowed. "I don't need your help."

"Oh..yeah..totally. NOT." Naruto rolled his eyes, a fox ear twitching. "Look, I'll make you a deal. If I can't help you find meaning and purpose outside of killing, I'll happily let you and mother kill me."

Gaara stared at Naruto, lifting a non-existent brow. His head tilted ever-so-slightly. "Deal."

Naruto held out his hand with a big grin. "Let's do this shit." Gaara stared at his hand before slowly taking it. Naruto shook hands with him and bounced happily. "Fuck, this is gonna be awesome!!" He giggled. "Ok, come on!" He grabbed Gaara's hand again and took off in a run, heading for the forest outside of Konoha. Ya know, just in case.

*

Orochimaru looked around at the other Kage. Everyone had come to the agreement that the Snake Sannin would be accepted as a Kage, and that his village, Otogakure, would be recognized as a Hidden Shinobi Village. Truth be told, Orochimaru was surprised everyone had agreed so easily. He had expected hours of arguing and fighting for his position and his village's existence. But, everyone would rather have the Snake Sannin as an ally and Kage, instead of a missing-nin no one was able to capture or kill.