Chapter Thirteen

A/N: Hello and welcome to another chapter of the insanity that is my fanfic. I hope you all have been enjoying it so far. I have enjoyed writing it. I hope I continue to live up to your expectations.

Some more moving forward, I guess. I know it's still slow. But I'm...leading into things. I would rather take my time and flesh out every chapter instead of speed through them and give you all half-assed work. This story is very important to me and I want you all to enjoy it to it's fullest extent.

I promise things are going to be picking up soon. There's just a lot of issues two characters have to work through somewhat. Cause I meant it when I said this story was dark and twisted. The archive warnings, tag warnings, and trigger warnings I put up are there for a reason.

(Don't own art. Pretty sure artists mark in upper right.)

ON WITH THE SHOW!!!

------

When Tenzō finally got back to his apartment he was a very unhappy camper. He'd been stuck with Hokage for hours, not getting home until nearly midnight. Putting his sandals in the genkan next to everyone else's. He lifted a brow at the very small pair of shoes amongst the adult sizes. He was about to go to his room when he came face to face with a piece of paper hanging from ninja wire from his ceiling in the hallway. He blinked at it before plucking it from the string.

'Hi Tenzō,

I made dinner and put your plate in the warmed oven. I hope when you get back it's still warm for you. I also snuck in a little surprise for you. Enjoy! But don't take too long...the bed isn't as warm without you in it. I made Genma sleep in the guest room with Raidō.

Chu,

Kurama'

Tenzō couldn't help the fond smile that graced his exhausted features. He folded the little note up, tucking it into his flak jacket. Moving into the kitchen he opened the oven that was still warm and pulled out his food and little bowl covered with tin foil. He eyed the bowl, curious what it was and removed the foil. His eyes widened and he stared at the candied walnuts piled in the bowl. A warmth blossomed in his chest and spread out, warming him throughout his body. He picked up a walnut and nibbled on it, smiling more as his eyes closed. Sugared vanilla, with a hint of...bourbon? He blinked, looking at the walnuts. He might have just fallen in love with Kurama.

Sitting at his table alone, he smiled at his snack and the meal. None of it was greasy, everything had light flavors and blended so well together. There was a small portion of steamed rice with miso chicken laid over the top, three oyake, and warm mushroom salad. He savored every bite, closing his eyes and smiling. Kurama was an amazing cook, he wondered where or how the redhead had learned to cook so well. Perhaps it coincided with his theory that Kurama grew up alone, much like Naruto, and adapted how he needed to, to survive.

Finished with his dinner he took his plate to the sink, washing it and placing it in the drying rack. He grabbed his bowl of walnuts and headed to his bedroom, munching on the subtly sweet crunch of his favorite nut and food. He was curious how Kurama knew that walnuts were his favorite. Entering the bedroom he sat the bowl down and began undressing, tossing his flak jacket over a chair at a desk and removing everything else and tossing it into his hamper.

Changing into a pair of loose boxers he moved over to the bed and paused. He blinked, staring at Sasuke spooning Kurama in his bed. He lifted a brow, shouldn't it have been the other way around? With Kurama spooning the young preteen? Sasuke's left arm was tucked under Kurama's head, his right arm tight around the redhead's waist, holding the young man against him firmly. Sasuke's face nuzzled into loose red hair. Why was the Uchiha even there? Sighing Tenzō walked around to the other side of the bed and climbed in. He scooted close to Kurama, brushing his fingers through the long locks as he watched the other man sleep peacefully.