Chapter Thirty-six

A/N: WOO BOY! It's been a hot fucking minute since my last chapter, huh? I AM SO SORRY ABOUT THAT! My cold kicked my ass more than I thought. I hit a ROUGH fucking patch of writer's block, I ran out of my antidepressants AND ended up deciding to take a semester off from college. *Sucks in a breath and flops over.* It's been a rough week people. But some of you, who have been DMing me, have really helped out. Thank you so much for your support and kind words. Truly, you helped me through some serious rough patches and you might not have even realized you did. :) <3

This little gay boy is doing much better now. The cold is tapering off. The writer's block is 90% gone or 100% not sure which. My antidepressants are still not refilled (thanks pharmacy). And I think it's good I'm taking the semester off, I want to finish my novel that I want to self-publish on Amazon. Also, it is SNOWING LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA RIGHT NOW! Holy crap! It's almost a foot deep. like WTF. >-<;

ANYWHO! (btw, you can DM if you like. I won't bite, promise.)(Also I don't own the artwork. Artist watermark on pic.)

ON WITH THE SHOW!!!

------

Root Headquarters seemed like a ghost town when Naruto, Sai, and Sakura entered. Naruto had given not only Sakura a makeover, but himself as well. As they walked down the hall, the dim lights made Sakura's pink look like blood. The haircut Naruto had given her was a mix between a pixie and an A-line. She had a fringe that could be side-swept, it hung below her jaw, ending at her collarbones. The back was stacked to give her volume but stayed off her neck. He had given her a kanzashi, a small one, that had three sakura blossoms on it with not accessary dangling. It held up a piece of her hair towards the crown of her head, off to the right a little.

Sakura's outfit had changed as well. She had on black leggings that stayed solid from hips to just above the knee, then they wrapped down her legs like ballerina shoes, disappearing into matte, dark pink combat boots with neon pink laces. Her top, Naruto had taken it and tore it apart, only to remake it into something more. He had torn off the sleeves, removed over half of the bottom, and removed part of the top. Then dyed the top a dark pink that was on the level with royal purple. He hemmed it all in black, taking the hemming up to have it lace around her neck and tie in the back. Underneath that, she was a turtleneck style Anbu sleeveless shirt that went up over her face like Naruto, Kakashi, and Kurama had grown fond of and no mesh. The Anbu shirt went to the hem of her pants, but the pink shirt ended in a crop-top, leaving her family symbol on the back. She had on black Anbu armguard with matte black metal pieces and matching fingerless gloves. She was a badass thirteen-year-old now.

As for Naruto, his clothing stayed the same. He had on a 3/4 sleeve mesh shirt with an Anbu shirt over the top that came up over his face like Kakashi's. Black Anbu pants that disappeared into matte black combat boots with orange lacing. He had the same armguards but full fingered gloves. What was different about his look was his hair. He had kept the braids, but he had cut it all so that everything ended at the nape of his neck. The loose hair down the middle had been layered and was just long enough to get a grip but not a good one. Sai looked the same as ever. He wouldn't let Sakura or Naruto go near him or his look. Which was fine, Sai looked pretty good without any help.

They continued down the long hall to the circular centre where Danzō had told them to meet him. Standing in the centre of the circular, almost pagoda style, area Naruto slowly turned in a circle. He briefly wondered if Danzō would make them wait like Kakashi always did. Or had been doing since Naruto wasn't staying with him. Apparently, this whole time, the thing that had been keeping Kakashi arriving on time had been Naruto. Originally the blond thought it had been the fact that Kakashi knew Obito was alive, well, and didn't blame Kakashi for Rin's death. So what made the silver-haired ninja late now? He supposed it was likely Rin's grave.