Prologue

August, 2001 — The humid summer heat in Florida has become a nuisance to the many tourists and inhabits down below like a wheezing bucktoothed nerd at grammar school constantly breathing down your neck to no end. With many of the brightly colored attractions radiating back the light of the Sun, the guests at Epcot feel the park offers nothing more than light all around. So much so that even the shadows cast underneath have hardly been given notice. Light and sunshine, the fluffy whites scattered along the brilliant blue stratosphere without daring to block the heavenly day-giving star.

Half of the City of Tomorrow-made theme park was made to house all things that unify the world without second-guessing; all the cultures of the world coming together in their small, small world. The other half serves as the instrumental need for innovation by means of science and community, both of which the world has learned to live with over the constant course of time.

Pavilions such as the Wonders of Life, The Seas, and The Land among others, have each contributed to cause not only to educate and entertain young minds, but it also promises the coming of new common ways of living and learning. Harmony among the land, ocean, and sky made accessible to the world...for a hefty price in admissions, of course.

One attraction, however, stands out amongst all the rest throughout the park. One whose theme and message that many fans of Disney, persons with great yearning over all things, and especially the young and young-at-hearts treasure more than ever. One that inspires most, if not all people, to keep dreaming their dream-comes-trues with.

The Imagination Pavilion, or Journey into Imagination, in one form or another, with or without its beloved character duo greeting the coming and going guests, still stands as the hallmark of everything Disney stands for as well as the common dreamer everywhere. Thanks to the Academy Scientifica-Lucidus, guests from all over the world get a chance to see Disney's version of the ideals and importance of imagination; bringing dreams to life with just one spark.

There are rumors, however, of something much grander within the walls of the pavilion. It's no secret that the Journey into Imagination ride was made to pay homage to the brilliant inventor from London, Professor Blarion "Dreamfinder" Mercurial who, in 1910, created his imaginary friend Figment and brought him to life with one of his inventions before setting off on a real journey into imagination that also once saved the world. In the end, no one has seen the Dreamfinder or Figment ever since and the ride became the Academy's way of remembering their memorial.

But as the Dreamfinder's time has passed from his age, his siblings' lines have moved on without him with there being only one of their descendants picking up where the Dreamfinder has left off. Eli Finder, cleverly dubbed for the sake of his ancestry, has happily walked along in the footsteps of his great-granduncle's greatness. He is proud, but also humble about it. So much so that when a hiring team at Disney had asked if Eli could dress up as Dreamfinder and hold a Figment puppet while greeting the guests, he almost kissed the man who stood closest to him. Much as he would have loved to see the attraction in its original heyday, he was still happy to be there.

All the while continuing to conduct experiments on the wonders of imagination at Scientifica-Lucidus. Like great-granduncle, like great-grandnephew. Some of Eli's findings have served as inspirational content for Disney to create new shows and attractions for the Imagination Pavilion. He tested with normal, disabled, young, and old minds alike, all with incredible results. Yet there was still one very special dreamer he had yet to further analyze. One he had come to love very much like a daughter in his very brief time with...at a very terrible price.

The little girl, about six to seven years of age, runs frantically through the abandoned halls of the Imagination Pavilion. Beads of sweat raining her flustered face in her panic to get away. With her one and only friend being taken from her by a dark and horrific force, who else is there for her to turn to? Her father? A man who has mistreated her poorly over her other siblings? Certainly not! There is no way he can believe in what she is going through? Not like he ever does anyways. Perhaps Mom will listen to her. She's been trying to fill in the void her dad has been leaving behind, but she always sucks up to his abusive will, allowing him to do unto their daughter while she cowers away. Plus, even this misadventure would be hard for her mother to swallow on the spot.