Chapter 35

"I can't believe she would do this." Dreamfinder mutters with despair.

          The events of Rachel "stealing" the little spark from Dr. Channing today have been running and beating through Dreamfinder's mind all day. The thoughts keep repeating themselves like a film reel being rewound back to the beginning over and over and over again. Dreamfinder, still looking a bit pale from what happened at the Academy Scientifica-Lucidus, blankly looks at the wall in the kitchen of the Harmony residence.

          The Dreamfinder, along with Figment and Alex had taken up Capri and Spark's offer and her mother's permission in staying at their house to rest for a night or two. Off to the east side of the Florida coast lies the small surfing city of Cocoa. Its vast blue waters and crashing white waves of the Atlantic Ocean reflect the wide cloud-scattered sunny skies. Tens of sailboats float by with the seagulls flying over their heads as they stream down the long line of water and sand inhabited by hundreds of beach houses and shops. If one person would sit on the pale sands of the beach late in the afternoon and into the evening or from the evening to the rising dawn, that person would have a front row seat to see the sunrise and the sunset twenty-four/seven.

          Somewhere along the line of the coast and to the border of the city, a large forest of jungle-like palm trees engulfs the small house of the Harmony family: Spark, Capri and her mother along with her own rodent-like (likely parts guinea pig, rat, lion [by the mane it has] and hamster) imaginary friend. It's a small, but charming little two-story house, just large for a family of two or three to live in. A majority of the house sits just a few feet west of the beach and into the jungle of palm trees where beside it, small two-way street with a long row of telephone lines standing tall like pillars of a large temple interconnected by miles of high voltage cable. The inside of the house has its own charm, too: a small living room, a kitchen and a tiny balcony on the roof where Capri's bedroom is.

          While Capri and Spark are out playing in the beach behind the house with Figment and Alex, Dreamfinder is left inside grieving, grumbling and feeling distraught over Rachel's actions. She deliberately stole something that specifically belonged to a school property, HIS school's property, and just took off, disappearing in a flash of bright blue with it. He could not have imagined how and why it ever came across Rachel's mind to do something so reckless. Because of her, she has left the entire school in a state of hysteria and turbulence. And in all of this, it was all up to both Dreamfinder and Figment to take the responsibility.

*******************************************************************

                                        Two hours ago...

"Chairman Auckley, I...I don't know how to explain or what to say about what's happened today." Dreamfinder's lips shudders with his throat all choked from the tears he had previously poured out.

          Just after Rachel had disappeared with the little spark, an emergency meeting came up and was taken place in Chairman Auckley's tan-colored office. The Chairman himself along with Dr. Channing standing on both of his sides behind the desk while Dreamfinder, Figment, and Alex all stood on the other side. The Chairman gravely looks deep into Dreamfinder's bewildered eyes. He sees how Dreamfinder may be on the verge of crying again as he did before outside the building when Rachel left, but decides not to push further in. There is no sense in making a grown man cry (again). So he looks down over to Alex. The look in the Katkin's eyes shows his pupils shaking with an intense nervousness for Dreamfinder's sake. His furry hands would not keep still but quiver and twitch with all the trauma and uprising that's happened in the academy. He hasn't seen this much action go on since his time with Ron back in Iyrilia. The Chairman sits back, sighing heavily to his annoyance in the matter.