Chapter 1

One little spark, of inspiration
Is at the heart, of all creation.
Right at the start, of everything that's new.
One little spark, lights up for you.

~"One Little Spark," Robert and Richard Sherman

          The Song of the Imagineers was sung, filling the air with a feint whistling tune in the musical score of warm wind. The Disney's D23 expo of 2015 is about to open its doors at the Anaheim Convention Hall, right across the street from both the Disneyland and California Adventure theme parks, but not in a way it is usually opened. It was announced a week or two in advance that a very special guest would appear at the expo to greet the fans of the world's most beloved industry. He is very well known as a character that came from Disney, but little did everyone know his existence was for real even before Disney became a business. Hundreds to thousands of people have come from across the world crowding and waiting at the doors for hours, almost two days even, for their special guest to arrive. The sound of the Song of the Imagineers rang from the skies and into people's ears within the area. Whoever this guest is, he must be very well loved.

          In the midst of the crowd, Cast Members of Disney are finding it very difficult to pass through the crowd. Even Rachel, a one-year Cast Member who works part time, failed to take a step inside the crowd to pick up a piece of trash. Everyone pushed and shoved each other hoping to get a great view of the expo's opening and the special guest's arrival. They did not notice Rachel coming around trying to do her job as she is ordered to do. She had been pushed away by the Disney fans no matter how hard she tried to get through. Finally, it came to a point where Rachel's boss thought it was best to call her and a number of other Cast Members inside the convention center where they could keep an eye on fans and guests trying the sneak in, which thankfully there hasn't been any. There isn't much of a point to do that anyway since everyone is so focused on the special guest showing up in a few moments.

          The "Song of the Imagineers" grew louder as the crowd stood there, singing and humming the well-known tune and its lyrics. Suddenly, a couple of fans looked up at the sky, urging everyone else in the crowd to do the same. The crowd watched the sky from the surface ground as a tiny dot flew towards them shining in the sun's heated light of day like a shining star in the night. It kept getting bigger the closer it came and the music sounded much louder than before. The crowd cheered as it did for the special guest was arriving! Rachel was able to sneak herself out of the other Cast Member's view for just a brief moment to watch what was happening.

"Wow!" she whispered allowed at the sight of the special guest's arrival.

          Up in the sky flew a flying machine of great wonder. Its image took the form of a steampunk airship from the 19th century. Pipes forged in silver and gold glistened as its peculiar, sparkling, purple steam spewed from the back area of the ship. The balloon was fully inflated with its color as blue as the day lit sky with gleaming golden bands strapped around it to keep the airship afloat. A large silver vacuum pipe sat underneath the ship as if it was ready to suck up anything in its path. A plaid airbag connected to the vacuum pipe at the back of the airship. Its pilot and riders, however, are perhaps the most peculiar than the ship itself. A creature sat on a small chair behind the pilot's chair.

                                            Two tiny wings, eyes big and yellow.
                                            Horns of a steer, but a lovable fellow.
                                            From head to tail, he's royal purple pigment.
                                            And there, voila!, you've got a Figment!