Two

The sun was starting to set as Taesan finally put the last box in the house. He sighed in relief as he looked around the place that didn't feel like home yet. They didn't have much at all, but it still took longer than Taesan had expected.

'Well,' his mother, miss Han, said as she sat down on the lime green couch in the living room. 'Do you think you'll like it here?'

Taesan looked through the window into the orange street lined by small pristine houses. He didn't know whether he'd like it there, but a larger part of him felt like he probably wouldn't. He was so used to the city, with it's bustling and busy atmosphere. And in the city, nobody cared very much about each other. He was afraid he was going to draw so much attention being a new boy.

But he didn't want to disappoint his mother, he was determined to make her happy. After all, he was the biggest reason they had moved away from the city. Of course one of the reasons was that his mother wanted to start a simple baking business in a local market, but that was only secondary.

'I think I'll like it here,' he lied convincingly.

'I think you will too. Besides, it's our chance to start a new life.' She also looked through the window and smiled. 'Will you be helping me with my baking? I'll be doing it very early on Saturday morning.'

Taesan chuckled. 'Of course, I'll help you mom.' He assured her.

'Well, I'm going to get started with supper.' She said as she got up from the couch then walked into the kitchen.

Taesan sighed once she had left. This was going to be difficult – his life was difficult. It had always been. But the thing about life is you have to keep moving on no matter how hard it feels. That was a lesson he had taught himself the hard way.

'I'll go organize my room,' he said to his mother before making his way into his room and started unpacking the box of his belongings.

______

'Mom!!!!' Amy-Janette exclaimed, running into the living room where her mother was seated on the couch reading a magazine. 'Mom!'

'AJ, I heard you the first time,' she replied, slightly annoyed and tapping at her ear. 'What is it?'

'Did you hear that that there's a new family in town!?' she said, hoping her mother would agree to her subsequent request.

'Oh I heard,' she replied. 'Of course, it's spread everywhere, we haven't had someone new here in years.'

'So, don't you think it's good for us to welcome them? We should probably give them some food, most people don't cook when they've moved in on their first day.' She suggested.

'Oh,' her mother took off her glasses, 'that's a very good suggestion but why would you suggest that? You know if anyone's going there it's you right?'

'I know,' she nodded.

'Hmm,' her mother looked at her suspiciously. 'Usually, you're lazy and very adamant to meet people.'

'I know,' she nodded with a smile on her face.

'Okay what's going on?'

'Mom, I'm just curious about the new family, that's all. I just want to see them so I'm totally willing to go there.' She admitted. But she dare not mentioned a boy, she didn't want her mom to think she likes someone she hardly knew instead of liking the breathtaking Jaehyun.

Her mother sighed. She knew there was no stopping her daughter the minute she wanted something. Besides, it wasn't as if what she wanted to do was bad. It would actually be very pleasing and kind to the new family.