Twenty-Five

On Monday morning, Taesan didn't know whether to go to school or not. There was no update on the drama that had occurred last week to inform him of whether he was still a student at his school or not. Still more, he wanted to stay home, he didn't want to be around his fellow students.

But when his mother told him to go to school because he was still a student unless he was officially expelled. He knew he couldn't argue with her, and he didn't want to argue with her after all the drama he had caused, so he decided to go. Besides, it was his chance to see Amy-Janett again. He didn't want to admit it, but he liked being around her.

The moment Taesan opened the door and walked in, he already felt the curious and hateful gazes on him. He had expected this after all, so it did not affect him as much as it would affect someone else.

He quickly took his seat and almost leaned his head on the desk in front of him, before Amy-Janett happily walked over and sat next to him. She was met with judgmental glance. But she, too, had expected it. One stare, that was more disappointed than sad, was her best friend Lily's.

'Taesan, how are you doing?' she said with a smile. 'I'm glad you came in today. I really thought you wouldn't.'

'Hm guess I didn't have a choice.' He slightly smiled at her. He wondered if it was the right time to tell her that he had missed her and that he had really wanted to see her. He had never said those words to a girl before, so he was not sure how to say it. A small blush appeared on his face before he even began to say it. 'AJ, I wanted to say...'

'What are you looking at!?' AJ bawled at someone, interrupting what was going to be Taesan's sweet comment.

Taesan looked in the direction AJ was looking at, and noticed Jaehyun looking in their direction.

'Relax,' Jaehyun responded quickly.

'It's hard to relax when all you do nowadays is cause trouble.' She responded harshly.

Taesan felt uncomfortable with the exchange, and he felt uncomfortable that Jaehyun had witnessed Amy-Janett and Taesan have a rather friendly exchange – he knew Jaehyun ultimately hated that. To some extent, Taesan blamed himself for getting hated by Jaehyun.

'Well, I don't want to cause trouble today,' Jaehyun responded.

'Yeah I don't believe you.' Amy-Janett replied with a frown.

Jaehyun then switched his attention to Taesan, looking at him in silence for a moment. Taesan stared back at him uneasily, before he looked away to avoid his gaze.

Jaehyun knew deep down he didn't like him. But he knew that it wasn't Taesan's fault, it was his own fault for not accepting that the person he loved, loved someone else.

'Taesan,' he started, 'I think I have a lot to atone for.'

Both Taesan and AJ looked at Jaehyun in surprise, not expecting him to say the words he had just spoken. Taesan was not sure what to make of it, and neither was AJ.

'Is this some kind of sick joke? You want to lure him somewhere?' she raised her eyebrow.

'No,' he shook his head. 'I'm being honest.'

Taesan looked at Amy-Janett then looked at Jaehyun. 'No hard feelings.' He slightly shrugged. 'I'm sorry too if I've ever hurt you unintentionally.'

'So...' Amy-Janett cut in the conversation. 'Is this a personal apology or it's an apology from all of you guys who mistreated him?'

Every time AJ spoke, it felt like arrows to his heart. He knew he had to accept that she loved Taesan and not him, but the more she sided with him, the more it hurt. He had to be strong and not let his emotions make him hurt someone again.