Thirty-Five

The brisk autumn air greeted Amy-Janett as she waited on Taesan's doorstep. A soft knock echoed, and the door creaked open, revealing Ms. Han, who wore a faint smile.

'Hello...Amy-Janett.' She said unsurely, but AJ nodded at the name. 'I'm sure you're looking for Taesan.'

She nodded. 'May you please call him outside?'

His mother nodded. 'Sure. He'll be out in a moment.' She answered warmly then returned in the house.

Moments later, Taesan emerged from the house, a determined glint in his eyes.

'Did you go to Jaehyun's house already?' AJ asked him.

Taesan turned to her with a sincerity that conveyed the weight of the shared mission. 'I didn't go to Jaehyun's house without you earlier because I believe we should uncover the truth together. We're in this as a team.'

Amy-Janett appreciated his consideration and smiled. 'You're right. Let's get going on.'

The duo set off towards Jaehyun's house, the anticipation of possible revelations mingling with the cool breeze.

Once they arrived, the beautiful entrance of the Myung residence loomed before Taesan and Amy-Janett, it's grandeur both inviting and intimidating. As they approached, the door swung open abruptly, revealing the maid, Sarah.

'What do you want?' she asked sternly.

Taesan and Amy-Janett looked at each other in surprise for a moment, before Amy-Janett turned back to the maid.

'We're looking for Jaehyun. Is he home?'

The maid had now already started pushing back the door. 'He's not receiving visitors. Leave.'

'We're his friends,' Amy-Janett said quickly. 'We just want to talk.'

The maid sighed and rolled her eyes. 'Mayor Myung has given strict orders, no visitors.'

'Please, it's important.' Taesan pleaded. 'We really need to talk to him.'

Unmoved, the maid crossed her arms, a human barricade guarding the house. Jaehyun, hearing the commotion, appeared in the doorway.

'Let them in please.' He said gently.

The maid did not budge, so he gently pushed her aside from the doorway. She held a shocked expression on her face, but then decided to walk away from the scene.

The grandeur of the Myung residence enveloped Taesan and Amy-Janett as Jaehyun ushered them inside, the opulent furnishings creating an air of sophistication.

As they settled into the plush couches, Taesan hesitated before broaching the subject. 'Jaehyun, we need to talk. I found out that your father and my mom have been in constant contact, calling each other by their first names now. It's odd, and I thought we should discuss it together.'

Jaehyun's eyes flickered with surprise. 'Constant communication?'

Taesan nodded solemnly. 'Yes, and it's not just calls. There's messages between them which are deleted. Something is going on.'

Jaehyun stayed silent thoughtfully then turned to Amy-Janett, then lowered his voice to a hushed tone after he had looked around for the maid's prying.

'AJ,' he started. 'Remember that day I told you that the only thing my father is keeping from me is the issues about why he wants to exile Taesan and...'

'Why he doesn't let you in his room, yeah.' Amy-Janett finished the sentence for him, indicating that she remembered what he had said.

'Exactly, so...maybe we should search his room and I'm gonna find something linked to this. It's beginning to seem like all these secrets are linked.' he told them.