Thirteen

Trigger warning: violence

On the afternoon of a sunny Sunday, Jaehyun sat with his friends in the bedroom. They hardly stayed indoors when they were many of them, simply because it would be too much of a tight space. However, Jaehyun's communication was one that he found private and which should not be heard by any person except those he chose to communicate it with.

It was practically all the boys from 11th grade except Taesan in attendance. Some were sitting on the floor, some on Jaehyun's study desk and chair, and some sitting next to him on his bed.

The boys were creating quite a chatter and laughing before Jaehyun silenced them with a frustrated voice.

'Guys this is not the time to chill and act like everything is fine!' he placed his hand on his forehead.

'Is everything okay Jaehyun?' Leehan, who was sitting next to him, placed his hand on Jaehyun's shoulder.

'I'm fine,' Jaehyun quickly removed Leehan's hand, but the tone of their leader didn't sound like it usually did. He was obviously discomfited with something. He was usually calm and eloquent; this wasn't his usual tone.

The boys looked at him, now having stopped their playful conversation.

'Listen, I'm very bothered about something that I saw on Saturday,' Jaehyun started. 'Thing is...Amy-Janett likes Taesan, and they almost kissed.'

Some of the boys were stunned in silence, while some of them couldn't hold back the sound of disbelief. Leehan, on the other hand, simply nodded, as if he expected it to happen.

'I told you that what we were doing that time...we did it for you.' Leehan said to his friend, looking down at the floor. 'You shouldn't have stopped us Jaehyun...'

'I know,' he replied regretfully. 'I just didn't think of it that way. And I'm sorry that I thought of you as the bad guys.'

'It's okay...'

'So,' Jaehyun continued, nodding thoughtfully. 'You guys should continue what you were doing before I stopped you. In fact, make it ten times worse.'

The boys in the room looked at him with shock, they couldn't imagine Jaehyun saying that. Jaehyun was the poster child of discipline in every aspect of his being. Even when the other boys in the town were doing wrong, Jaehyun never involved himself in such. It was something they never thought he would condone, let alone encourage.

'Is it really you Myung Jaehyun?' Riwoo asked with evident confusion on his face.

'How do you expect me to feel?' he got up from the bed and started to slowly pace around the room. 'He just came out of nowhere and took Amy-Janett from me; Amy-Janett whom I wanted since we were like 10 years old. Who does he really think he is?'

'I get it!' Leehan replied quickly. 'So, what do you want us to do to him exactly?'

'Whatever,' Jaehyun sighed. 'But I can't do it with you guys. No matter how much I want to, if my father heard that I was tormenting someone, he'd kill me. Even if it's for something they deserve.'

The boys nodded, none of them wanting to question Jaehyun's authority. Not only because he had naturally been the leader since they were young, but also because they believed that his instruction was right. All of them hated Taesan for suddenly catching Amy-Janett's attention, and he deserved everything that was coming for him.

...

On Monday morning during break time, Taesan had taken the chance to use the bathroom in between classes. The first classes were extremely boring for him, but that was the least of his worries in the town of Green Haven. He had just walked out of the bathroom when he was met at the door by the boys from his class, with Leehan standing in front.