Fifteen

The door handle continued to twist, and Taesan's heart was pounding intensely, feeling nervous of what would happen if Jaehyun decided to shout.

Jaehyun looked at Taesan, he wondered if it was better to tell everyone what had happened or to keep it to himself and use it to control Taesan. He knew he wouldn't be a loser in both situations, but the second option seemed a bit more thrilling.

There was so much he needed to discover about Taesan, and maybe so much he could use.

'Just leave when they're away from the door,' Jaehyun told him. 'I'm going to keep it to myself, just make sure you stay away from Amy-Janett.'

'Re...really?' Taesan asked in a mixture of surprise and relief. He wondered if he could trust Jaehyun or if he was simply playing with him. But this was definitely better news than he had expected.

Jaehyun nodded. 'Yeah...now listen...I'm keeping probably your deepest secret. Don't you dare cross me again okay?'

'O...okay.' He nodded thankfully.

'I don't think they're in there Leehan!' Amy-Janett said in an annoyed tone outside the door. 'There's no reply.'

'Uh...' Leehan tried to open the door again, twisting the handle. 'Probably the janitor locked it. But I swear they were in here.'

Amy-Janett rolled her eyes, before she wrapped her arms around her body fearfully. 'Oh no, what if Jaehyun hurt him? Poor thing. He's just so innocent and quiet.'

The two of them walked away, the anxiety in Amy-Janett growing.

Inside the janitor's closet, Taesan sighed in relief now that they were gone.

'Jaehyun, should I take you to the nurse's office?' Taesan suggested, seeing that Jaehyun was still in so much pain and was probably holding it in to seem strong in front of the person who had just inflicted pain on him.

'Just go,' Jaehyun uttered, now through gritted teeth.

Taesan decided it's better to be obedient. He nodded and opened the door, then walked out nervously. He was afraid to even get to class, afraid of how this would turn out, but he had no choice but to believe Jaehyun would keep his word.

Taesan checked his outfit, wanting to look clean so that no one would suspect a thing. Finally, he walked into the math class, several minutes late for the class. He could tell everyone's eyes were on him, and some very curious eyes which belonged to Amy-Janett.

'You're late,' the math teacher, a man with a constant boredom that lingered in his voice, spoke.

'I'm sorry sir,' he replied, not having any explanation as to why he was late.

'Well take your seat so that we can go on with this lesson.' The man said, turning back to the board. He continued to write the quadratic equations, while some students watched him and most watched Taesan as he walked over to his seat.

He sat down and took a deep sigh.

He looked forward at the board and started to copy the questions, but a crumpled paper that was thrown at him grabbed his attention.

He looked in the direction of the person who had thrown it and his eyes met with Amy-Janett's.

'Hey are you okay?' she whispered to him.

Taesan slowly nodded. 'I'm okay. Thanks.'

'Where's Jaehyun?' Leehan, who sat a few rows in front of Taesan, asked him in a cross tone.

'I...I don't know.' He shook his head.

'How can you not know?! You were the last person with him...'