Ch-7 what is it?

I gulped and my voice broke in fear, "Not possible..this is just not possible." I said looking at the scratch marks on right side of the frame of door. Or should I say the place exactly where the figure was seated last night.

Things were getting so unreal for me. No matter how much I try to convince myself that those were just nightmares, something or other happens that makes me believe otherwise.

And If...its all real then why only I'm experiencing it?
Why only I'm bothered by the figure and these marks that appear every morning at different places in the corridor?
In meanwhile Pulkit spoke up, "This can not be here! Inside the room? How?"

I turned upto Pulkit and with doubt in my mind I asked, "Do you know something that I should be knowing? I mean there's something wrong here... I can figure this thing but what is it? Do you have any idea? It can not be a animal wandering in corridors all night? And if it is then how can this scratch be inside my room? I don't think an animal ever entered here..am I right?"

Pulkit looked into my eyes in shock and then diverted it towards the ground and simply refusing to answer with movement of his head.

"Listen Pulkit I know you know something. I understand things are not as simple as they seem! I really want your help. Explain it to me. Tell me if you know anything..and if you don't want to help me then you can straight away refuse I'll find things out myself." I said sternly.

"No no madam ji. Don't look out for things that will harm you at the end. I request you to either ignore all these things or just leave." Pulkit said and closed the door behind him so that the voice doesn't reach outside.

But before I could say something he continued, "madam ji in places like these, the most curious ones are the ones who loose the most. I don't want you to suffer that's why I'm giving you this suggestion. Keep distance from all such things villagers might donate like it."

"Caught you! So it HAS something to do with villagers? Is it related to that area behind that big lock door in backyard?" I asked and the moment I mentioned that place I could see a significant change in Pulkit's face. His eyes exhibited fear. I could see that.

"Ok so I'm right! It is definitely about that place. No wonder I was getting attracted to that place. I knew it was something more than just a piece of land where only villagers are allowed." I concluded.

"No no madam Ji don't indulge in all this. Let me tell you everything please listen carefully." Pulkit said and continued, "Madam Ji before me there was one more boy who used to work as hostel caretaker. He mysteriously died one day in this corridor only. His whole body has marks as if made by claws of a wild animal. But what came as a shock was that none of the faculty living here heard anything. The only reason I was surprised to see these marks was that I have never seen them inside the room. They always mysteriously appears in corridors every morning."

He took a deep break and then continued, "And I tried to find the reason but all I could find was that there's something that villagers and this school authorities are hiding...umm protecting to be precise. And along with that I got a good beating from my brother to not get indulged in all this. He started keeping an eye on my so I had no other option to give up my curiosities and live like he does. By Ignoring all the unusual stuff around here."

"So you are saying all this mess is created by villagers and Mr Rathore?" I asked.

"Ji madam. Sometimes I get scared of Aryan sir. There are few times when he gets so angry his eyes turns blood red which scares me to hell. It's like he is not that sir I meet daily." He said.

"And why exactly he gets angry?" I asked.

"Umm there are many reasons. Like one day I was knocking on his door to serve him a tea and when even after few minutes I got no reply I slowly entered the room. The curtains were shut the lights were off..god knows what he was doing but he shouted out so loud on me as if I went in there to steal something." He said with anger in his eyes.

"Since then I don't like him much." He said.

"Ok. And.." I was about to ask further questions but a call interrupted and a name flashed on my phone screen MR RATHORE.

"I shall take a leave now. Please don't mention anything in front of me." Pulkit said and quickly left the room.

"Hello!" I answered the call.

"Hello Ms. Imlie. I just got to know you were not doing well. I hope you are fine now." He said in one go.

"Ohh! Yes Mr. Rathore. I'm perfectly fine now. Thank you for asking." I replied.

"That's great. But if you need any medical help then do tell me." He said.

"Yeah sure sir." I replied humbly. Although if the situations were a bit different then I would have felt really good that the dean was so concerned about his staff but owing to this situation and my doubt on almost everyone around here raises suspicion.

I disconnected the call after this short and formal kind of conversation. Now I was left all alone in the room so I decided to go out and get some fresh air till the time Mr. Roy and Resham gets free.

I was walking down the corridor with a debate going on in my mind whether I should tell Resham and Mr. Roy about the anonymous call.
Resham was simple girl and employee like me. The only difference was she was staying here for more than 2 months now. Plus Mr. Roy is here from a long time now, he is mature, calm and composed kinda human who can help me out in many ways.
(I would have never believed that he was 48 if he hadn't told me himself. He looked so fit and young according to his age...) coming..back to topic...I trust them, they seems the most real here and I had no reason to doubt them.

"Ok so I'll talk to them once they are free." I finally decided.
I was about to leave the building to go out towards the ground but then again I felt that someone was watching me from the staircase that lead to basement.

"Same place Again! Now is the time Imlie let's catch this stalker." I murmured in anger.

I took a deep breath and went towards the stairs to check. There was no one but I could hear footsteps running down to basement and my first instinct was to follow and get hold of that person.
I reached the basement floor and saw a tall well built man wearing white fit T-shirt and blue jeans running to the other end of basement.

"Hey! Stop!" I shouted and ran after him. He was so fast and to my surprise after reaching the end of basement corridor he opened a door to his right.
I followed him in and saw a metal staircase that leads upwards but god knows where these stairs would take me.

And all thanx to my useless instinct and over-curios mind, I started climbing those stair without second thoughts. I know I was a fool to do so, I had no idea where it leads.

The staircase was not that strong, I could feel that it was trembling as that person was climbing and jumping 2-3 stairs at a time.
I tried to match his speed and finally I reached a opening that opened to the jungle area.

And here I was all alone standing in a jungle that seems to have no end under afternoon sun. The only way I know was back to the basement vis this small opening on ground.
"Woah! That was like a damn tunnel. I wonder If Mr Roy knows about it." I murmured while gasping for air to breath and then started looking for that man I was following.

He was no where to be seen. But I got hold of something. It was a folded sheet of paper that unfolded into an A-3 sheet.
I raised my eyebrows in surprise looking at the content and all the scribble that was done on that sheet.

"Fuck! What the hell is this? Who that man was?" I said finally getting hold of my breath and running heart beat.

"Ahhhh!" I shouted out loudly when I a hand covered my eyes. And in a swift movement another hand snatched the sheet from my hands..leading it to tear in two parts.

"Give that to me!" He said in a husky voice. I know this place and situation was not that suitable to act as a rebel but the moment he said those words I crushed the remaining sheet in my hand and held in tight forming a fist.

"I won't. Who are you?" I questioned and that man pushed me hard and I fell on ground, after that I heard those footsteps retreating.

...