Ch-29 Need and Greed

"And what if she doesn't go there?" Aryan asked with his face and voice turning death serious.

"She have to perform the sacrifice. We will force her to. We are waiting for Narmada Ma'am to come. After that we'll do what she says." Purav said.

A chill ran down my spine..
What are they planning to do just to get me in the backyard? Force me how?

"What exactly is the test you said that Taaku takes?" Aryan said.

And whenever he refuses answering Khanna and Pulkit delivers the best shot. For once Pulkit even started coughing as if he is spewing blood or something..a very natural acting I must say.

"Well first the offering has to let go of their mind and do whatever Lord ask them to..it can even mean tasks like walking on burning coal, hitting yourself brutally till you draw blood out and fall...dance like a maniac or shout his name and his praise...it can be anything that Lord pleases." Purav said.

"How can you indulge in something like this brother?" Pulkit finally asked. He was disgusted listening to all this.

"Aree it may sound brutal but once the offering pass this test all his pain and worries are taken away...It's just that you have to prove that you can go to any extent to achieve something big." Purav explained.

"This is crazy...you are crazy!" Pulkit shouted. And I requested him to stay calm.

"Shut up you guys. Now tell me when is this going to happen?" Aryan asked.

"After one week. Narmada Ma'am will arrive Day after tomorrow and we all will be working on her actions." Purav said.

"What all things are there in backyard?" Aryan asked.

"Statue of lord, a place to perform rituals...it's painted red all over with dark brown wooden figure of lord. There are swords used for protection amd sometimes sacrifice." Purav said.

Aryan took a breath and rubbed the back of his head. He was getting more and more disturbed with the facts.

"What did you take to the backyard last night in that big plate?" Aryan asked.

"How do you know?" Purav asked.

"Just answer me!" Aryan asked.

"A goat head. To calm him down and stop him from harming Rathore saab." Purav said.

"Harming? Why?" Aryan asked.

"It's responsibility of Rathore saab to keep lord's identity secure. And if he fails, he gets punished." Purav said.

"And what about now? You told me so many things." Aryan asked.

"I'm forced. I believe lord will not punish me when I enter his boundary. But about Rathore saab, I'm not sure. Because he was responsible for our safety but he failed." Purav said.

"Why don't you stop all this?" Aryan asked.

"I want money. For my family. I have spent a lot of money on the treatment of my son...and now my family is living in poverty." Purav said and a tear escaped from Pulkit's eyes.

"You don't have to follow such evils for us brother. No one in the family is complaining that a lot of money is used in Kush's treatment. Please stop being with those guys." Pulkit cried out.

I figured out Kush must be the name of Purav's son who must have been ill and they have no momey left after everything is used up in treatment..

Oh God! Why everyone on this earth have to go through bad phases in life? People become so hopeless that they starts believing into evil lords like Taaku who in disguise of helping use gullible people.