Ch-38 The begining

I slept in Nani's hut with her where as Aryan was in his. Ranveer felt better but he was still in a lot of pain.

It was 2 in night and I was feeling uneasy, So I got up and left the hut to walk in the compound which had devi statue.

That statue always made me feel at ease. The eyes of the goddess had a power over me. Although it was a statue made with carvings on the stone but it was so well defined as if it was real.

I stood there silently looking straight into eyes. As if communicating with them.
"You have to be with us. All we want is to stop this ritual and destroy the statue of Taaku." I thought although I still didn't have enough strength to talk about Maan's fate while looking in those divine eyes.

I sighed and then looked at the moon that was almost full moon. Day after Tomorrow was going to be a full moon day and time for ritual.

The moon looked so beautiful with the dark backdrop and I spoke out, "please Give us the strength to shine like this in the darkness."

"Should have called me if you were not feeling well." Said a voice from behind and it was Aryan.

I glanced at him and again started looking towards the moon but this time with a small smile on my face.

He walked towards me and his hands slide from back towards the front and rested near my stomach. I placed my hands on his and rested the back of my head on his chest...I felt at ease.

Aryan tighten his grip and pulled me closer while placing a light kiss on my shoulder.

We stood there feeling the warmth amidst cold breeze.
With our heart racing.

"Everything..is going to be ok right?" I slowly asked.

"Umm." He replied.

"Aryan. Whatever happens. No matter what. You will not blame yourself." I said referring to chances of fighting Maan.

"I can't promise you that but..As long as we are together..the team of us four is fine...I'll be ok because it's only you guys who matter to me now. All others have just lived with a mask on." Aryan said.

"You are upset that your dad tried to do all that stuff? "I said.

"I never thought he would try to kill someone..his own son. I don't know what else he could have done but I know that killing him off was just too extreme." He said.

"What if on the day of ritual he goes mad and attacks everyone..and you had to do the same? Will you be able to feel at ease?" I asked.

"Never! I know I was no different. Even I treated him wrong but killing him never came to my mind. And if I had to do something like this..I swear I won't be able to see myself in mirror ever." Aryan admitted.

I felt so bad for him. Knowing that once we destroyed the ritual Maan would definitely come after him and we have to kill him if things go out of hand.

I just prayed in my mind for some kind of miracle to happen so that Aryan do not have to fight his brother.

"Imlie. Can you please promise me something?" He asked bringing me back to him.

"What?" I asked.

"Promise me you'll save your life along with nani if something goes out of hand or I'm not able to stand them." He said. This came out of nowhere. How can I leave him and save my life? Is he out of mind?

"You're thinking too much Aryan. This situation will not arise." I said..I know I was not being practical but still I don't want to think about any ifs or buts.