Ch-31 Narmada Singh Rathore

Her arrival was a big affair. All the faculty members were asked to gather in the cafeteria and a big table was setup in the middle.
All this reminded me of the day I arrived here.

The food was arranged on the table and we heard noise of a car. It was a white Mercedes. And then came out the chauffeur who opened the door for Narmada Singh Rathore to come out.

She stepped out wearing a silk saree adorned with a beautiful neck piece. No matter how much I hate her but the aura she carries was something else. Each of her step spoke of power holds. Her way of carrying herself demands respect.

She came inside the building and was greeted by Mr Roy. As Maan was not present with us due to his health issues.
His sudden disappearance was bothering all of us. But Pulkit had told that he is being recommended bed rest in his big luxurious room that was on top floor.

"So good to see you Mr Roy." Narmada said in her usual calm tone.

"It's pleasure meeting you ma'am." Replied Mr Roy.

Then she moved on to faculty members and then her eyes found me standing at the right end of the line in which all the faculty were standing.

"Imlie! I was waiting to meet you." She said and came upto me with a bright smile on her face.
She came gave me a light hug and patted on my head while I could see the faces of other faculty members who were shocked to see their colleague getting this treatment.

"So good to see you too ma'am." I said.

"Imlie, I would love to have a conversation with you after the meal. I hope you won't mind." She said.

"Not at all ma'am." I said with a smile...of course I had to fake it.

And then my eyes found a girl standing near the gate and Narmada followed my eyes.

"Ohh...everyone meet Siya. She's Aryan's fiancé." She said.

Aryan's fiancé that means she was the future boss and everybody gathered around her and greeted her..escorting her tot he table, I looked upto her and she seemed very introvert and nice young girl..probably of my age.

We all sat for dinner and everyone talked about things here and there but no one mentioned a thing related to Taaku and backyard.
During all this while my eyes were constantly observing Siya who was quite and smiled only when she noticed that someone was looking at her. Something was off with her.

After we were done with the meal, Narmada asked Mr Roy, "Mr Roy please show Siya, Aryan's room and mine too."

Mr Roy nodded and escorted Siya towards the lift. While all faculty members were waiting for Narmada to leave.

"You guys please don't wait for me here. I have slept a lot in car..I won't be sleeping early today. You guys can go and Imlie, may I have a word with you?" She said with a large smile.

Everyone obliged and left me and Narmada alone.
I went upto her while we started walking towards the ground.

It was time just after the sunset..with purple sky and it was the most pleasant time of the day..the light breeze with fragrance of greenery and soil was a relaxing pill for me.

"You are liking it here?" She asked.

"Yes, it's a nice place." I replied.

"I hope you are not having any issues here?" She asked.

I wanted to present her with a list but refrained. I still sticked to the plan of acting as if I'm trying to understand their side too.

"Nothing much. New place, new stories and challenges. All this doesn't bother me much." I said clearly knowing what a big lie it was.

Like..doesn't bother me?....fuck I was ag the verge of dying or going crazy because of all Taaku thing.

She took a deep breath and turned towards me.
She held me from my shoulders and said, "I know what's going on here. You don't have to hide. I hope you were not scared."

She looked straight into my eyes and I felt goosebumps. I swear I tried a lot but a tear escaped my eyes.
I instantly wiped it and then said, "I'm not scared of this ma'am. I'm just heartbroken that no one told me about this earlier. You know me...my past and you know how much regards I hold for you. I never thought that you will lie to me."

"I didn't lied bachaa (baby). It's just that time was not appropriate to tell you everything. See now that you have come here, you have met people here, you know about Lord..see how nicely you are handling this. Do you think you would have reacted the same way if I had told everything to you earlier?" Narmada said.

My mind was constantly giving me the command to give her a really bad look but I maintained my cool...and my expressions even after listening to her reasonings.

I just moved my head in a no, with a slight smile on my face not maintaining eye contact. She smiled at me and placed her hand under my chin to make me look at her.

"Still angry from me?" She asked.

"No" I softly said looking in her eyes. And she seemed satisfied with my acting.

"Ok then tell me, what do you think about things going on here?" She asked slowly starting the conversation.

"Umm...At first I thought I was in some haunted school but then Aryan sir told me few things...then even Mr Roy came clear in front of me. I feel everyone has got a point. I mean I'm no one to judge you on the basis of who you are following..right?" I said and witnessed a wide smile on her face.

Yes she was trusting my each and every word...

So I continued, "You all follow Taaku."

"Lord" she interrupted.

"Ohh yes. So you all follow him and I have no issues with it. I'm here to teach and I'm doing my job rightly. Yes I did experienced few things but by the course of time all those things stopped and now I'm perfectly fine here. Plus what's wrong in desiring something..I mean I know that all his followers receive something in return of worshiping him." I completed.

"Exactly! Everyone desire something or the other. By the way do you?" She asked.

And the first thing that came to my mind was..a peaceful life along with my favourite people around me.

"Umm...for now It's just a simple life." I replied.

"But still. Everyone has some desire or have someone for whom you can go to any extent." She said and while she was asking I was trying to control expressions as I knew that she would catch me with just looking into my eyes.

"Nothing as such." I replied trying hard to maintain my smile.

She just nodded and said, "I have taken a lot of your time. Go and have rest. I got to know you were down with fever."

"Yes I had it in morning. But I'm fine now. Good night ma'am." I uttered before leaving.

And then I started walking towards the hostel knowing very well that Narmada's eyes were on my back.

The feeling of being watched only disappeared when I climbed the staircase..

I went upto the room and closed the door behind me.

....

Note: I know it's been long but update will come tomorrow for sure..✌️