Ch- 12 Search!

I gasped after looking at that picture..it was partner..I just met him yesterday...in-fact I was about to go and meet him.

"Does that mean he's Aryan Singh Rathore's father? Aryan said he believed that he would get victory over cycle of life and death...does that mean he became immortal or something? He stopped aging.." I thought to myself and then looked upto Aryan who was looking at me with suspicious eyes.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Woh..that's too much to handle for one night. God! My heart is beating like a drum...Can I get some water?" I asked and Aryan poured me a glass of water that was on a corner in his room.

"Relax! I didn't mean to scare you something. And you don't have to worry...till the time I'm here nothing will happen to you...I promise." He said all that thing in such a sweet tone that I felt myself getting settled.

I nodded and said, "can I go back to my room? It's safe tonight right?"

"Yeah! Absolutely and it's almost time till the time you reach your room." He said and I walked out of the room.

I walked slowly in the silent corridor..with not so silent mind..
Questions keep on jumping in my mind...Who's partner? Is he really Aryan's father? Is Aryan telling the truth? Is he really on the good side? Then what about partner?..he seemed to be good...Aryan too...

I walked past the cafeteria but not for a second I thought about going to partner and confronting him. I only stopped when I reached my room...I unlocked it and threw myself on the bed.

"What should I do?"
"Whom to trust?"
I cried out loud while tears found their way down to my cheeks.

And here I was in this haunted school lying on my bed crying because I have no one to trust. I had no one to call as my own. I miss my family..my mom dad...I even miss my old house. At least I used to get proper sleep their...At least that house doesn't make me feel lonely or unsafe.

I cried for around one hour and I didn't realised when my tears dried and I was pushed in a deep sleep.
.....

Next half day went by teaching students and avoiding Pulkit as many times as possible. I didn't responded to any of the text I received from Partner..I didn't wanted to talk about about of those things for now.

I was fed up with all the mysteries and secrets. I was tired of people faking who they are and what they want.
I wanted the truth! I wanted facts. I wanted answers to my questions but the only thing I didn't knew was where to get them from!

I was so sure that before finding something solid to trust on I won't discuss a thing with anyone here. There's no one whom I can trust with mg eyes closed. "It's only you Imlie..only you can help yourself now" I told myself.
And then something clicked my mind...That old lady I met in this village on the very first day. She warned me ..she asked me to be cautious before trusting anyone.

"This is it!" I said and I straight away walked upto Mr Rathore's cabin.

I knocked the door twice and a voice came "Come in"

I entered and greeted Mr. Rathore with a smile.

"You feeling better?" He asked..and god knows why but he was sounding more polite and sweet today.

"Yes sir...Sir I wanted a permission." I said with initial hesitation.

"Permission for what? Finding a tunnel?" He joked with a broad smile and I chuckled too.

"No no. Absolutely not sir. I just wanted to get my mind off all these things. Can I go out for 2-3 days?" I asked.

Aryan's expressions suddenly turned serious. He looked at me and said, "no! Sorry but that's against the rules! You know that."