Ch-14 The story unfolds

Ok so after the scandalous ch-13 (😂🫣) I'm back with a new chapter..hope you'll like it✌️

This one is quite long as I had to cover a lot many things..will suggest you to read ch-14 & 15 in one go.
..

"Yes! Now you got it..but you are not mad or something...ok?" partner said patiently.

"But..but why did you acted like saving me before when you knew that it was all in my mind? We hide under the staircase..remember?" I asked.

"Of course we had to hide..first of all I didn't knew that if the creature was actually following you or not..as in some instances it really does follow people..after coming out from that backyard area..but that's very rare..secondly you made a lot of noise at that time that anyone would have noticed us...and considering that I'm secretly entering in the school, I had to hide." Partner said.

"But..what about.." I was about to ask but partner held my hand and took me in the store room.

"We gotta hide first..you have already created a mess after throwing that chair around..That man must be coming here only." Partner said.

"Who?" I asked.

"The one you were about to go and meet..Aryan...of course." Partner said.

"But he didn't do anything..even he wants to fight that creature here..that's why the villagers were given permission to do all sort of rituals out there." I said.

"Rubbish.." he said

"But what are you doing here?" I asked

"I came here to take what's mine...something that you stole from me." He said

I glanced at my bag and then looked upto him "what are you talking about?" I asked knowing exactly what he was talking about.

He came closer to me..while I stepped back till the time my back touched the wall.
He leaned closer to my ears and said in whisper, "You know what! Your eyes speaks a lot more then you do. Now give me my sheet...now!"

A shiver ran down my spine due to his husky voice and warm breath that touched my skin.

"Listen I..umm..you need to give me answers first." I said and he cupped my mouth with one hand and gestured me to stay quite from another. I nodded and he removed his hand from my mouth.

When we both fell silent and I concentrated at what he meant..I realised that there was someone in the cafeteria.

It was Aryan for sure...he must have heard all those noise. I wanted to speak up but at the same time I didn't wanted Aryan to hear that we were in the store.

I pulled Partner closer by clutching his T-shirt as he was quite tall for me reach his ears..even thought he was close to me, I still tip toed to reach closer and then I whispered, "I think Aryan wants to help me..He won't be a danger for us." I believed Aryan because of the conversation we had. He seemed to be an honest kind of man.

Me feet trembled and I was about to loose balance but he got hold of my waist and saved me without making much noise.

"He's not the one to be trusted." He said in whisper.

"Hello! Purav where are you? I want you in my office now!" Aryan said and he was loud enough to be heard from store.
And then there were sound of retreating footsteps that left two of us all alone.

"We need to go back to your room..now. Aryan would definitely come and have a look at you." Partner said and I nodded in response. I had no idea what I was doing..what was going on..why always I end up following partner..why I feel like trusting him?