Ch-9 Partner

"Ahhh!" I shouted out loud there was no light at all. Absolute darkness. The curtains were shut hence there was no space of that little light from the moon. I rubbed my hand here and there on my bed to find my phone but it wasn't there now.

"Imlie you fucked up!" I said in panic while I madly tossed my bedsheet in a hope that phone will fall on ground making a noise from which I could locate it.

"Where is it?" I again said with a lump forming in my throat, I was at the verge of crying out loud. I didn't wanted things to go this way..I don't want to die.

My hand was searching for my phone on soft mattress when I touched something...it was on my bed...Ot felt as if I was touching a bark of a tree...same texture and feel of a wood.

"Damn it!" I said and ran to opposite direction, where I suppose would be the exit.

I bumped into the wooden door and with my trembling hands I somehow managed to open the door and come out of my room...locking the door behind me.

The corridor was well lit..This was the time when I finally sighed with peace that didn't stayed for long.

Just at the end of corridor there was a dark figure..tall absolutely dark..but I could figure out that just like a human it had two hands, two feet but a little longer and larger in shape.

I was scared but I still had a hope..Thankfully that figure was on the other end..not near the staircase otherwise I would have died there and then.

I looked upto that figure, trying not to show that I'm scared...and the moment first light went off I madly ran towards the staircase not seeing if that figure was following me or not...but I know it was.

I ran and ran till I reached the ground floor and I was about to go towards the ground when something held my wrist and pulled me towards the basement.

At first It was as if I'm not able to speak but the moment we reached the basement, I felt as if I got my voice back and I shouted, "Leave m.."

I got pushed towards the wall of a small area beneath the staircase and a hand covered my mouth. I could hear the person breathing heavily near my ear..as this guy covered me. I didn't fought back may be because for that moment I was relieved with the fact that at least that hand was of a human.

"I Would rather die in front of a human then die with the hands of a creature I don't even know exist." I thought.

"What are you? Always creating trouble for yourself." Said a familiar baritone voice.

I looked upto that man and it was dark as hell, all I could see was a pair of brown eyes staring down at me. The only source of light was a bulb at the top of staircase and it's ray of light falling on his eyes.

 The only source of light was a bulb at the top of staircase and it's ray of light falling on his eyes

"Who are you?" I questioned in response.

"That's not the answer." He said.

"That wasn't an answer either!" I said.