Ch-25 Let's stop being good

Earlier the only light source in corridor was of the moon. I refrained from turning flashlight on..as my phone had only 10% battery which I kept safe for emergency calls.
But my room was pitch dark. Mainly due to the closed curtains but even in that darkness I knew the hand that had clutched my wrist.

I was familiar to that touch. I knew the warmth of that hand.

"Are you mad or what?" Asked Aryan in his husky voice. And as his breath touched my forehead I could figure out the proximity in which we were standing.

"What did I do?" I asked.

"Who told you to show interest in being an offering?" He asked.

"Wasn't it the plan to show that I'm on their side?" I asked.

"Being on their side mean agreeing to what they say not volunteering for sacrifice." He said and his tone suggested he was in rage.

"You know what? You were doing just fine but then such sentences of your made me regret my decision almost instantly." He said as his hands moved to my shoulders.

"You are not supposed to show them that you do have a weakness" he said again.

"Ok..Sorry..I didn't mean to show them that I'm an easy target or something..plus I don't have any weakness." I said.

"What?" He asked but this time his tone has not a single drop of anger.

"Yeah..I said those things without even giving a single thought. And to be honest Aryan I have no desire for me as such..and I don't have anyone either for whom I would ask for something." I said

Aryan said nothing but his hand slowly slid around my waist and his other hand found it's place at the back of my head. He came closer and embraced me into a hug.

"Ok I got your point. But you don't have to do such things. Please don't make me regret that I asked you to go and talk to them. Please. I won't be able to bear if anything happens to you." He said while caressing my head that was near his heart.

It was pure care from his side that made my heart melt like an ice. "This man do care for me a lot." A thought crossed my mind and I made myself comfortable in his embrace.

"You know I got scared that Taaku will come..considering he blacked out whole building just a moment later when I said I do have a desire." I said while hugging him.

"Well for tonight I played the Taaku." He said with a chuckle.

"What does that supposed to mean?" I asked and was about to back off to have a look at his face...in pitch darkness..what a fool I'm!

And he pulled me back, "we won't be able to see each other's face so keep your shocking expressions for later. I turned the MCB off..to stop you from blabbering whatever came in your mouth." He said while making sure that my head was back on him.

"You scared the hell put of me." I said.

"The feeling was mutual buddy!" He responded.

And we stood like that for sometime and I was able to feel his heart beat in a..Oh so melodic!..way.

"Where you really that scared?" He again asked..
maybe the fear part hit him late.

"Yeah. And when I was in the corridors For once I felt like he would again come and haunt me..but I kept on reminding myself that it wasn't him..it was my mind." I completed.

He pushed me back..("such fool" I thought )..to have a look at my face in pitch darkness.

With a click sound there was a small flare coming out of the lighter that he had with him.
"Would have turned of flash but my phone is on the verge of being dead so..lighter will do." He said.