Chapter 6

Of course, Nico had to have dreams. And of course, they had to be confusing. And heartbreaking.

Nico dreamed that he was in a dark room. At first, he thought it was empty. But then there was a small scuffling sound and he turned. There, laying on the ground right in front of Nico, lay Bianca and Hazel, bound in thick, metal chains around their ankles and wrists. However, despite this "inconvenience" the girls had managed to clasp their hands around each other. Both girls looked starving; Nico could see each and every one of their ribs. Bianca's cheekbones were more prominent than the last time he had seen her. And Hazel, while she couldn't have ever been plump, she had maintained a healthy weight for a girl of her age and size. But now, she looked severely underweight.

 Nico wanted nothing more than to step forward and slash those chains off of both of them with his Stygian Iron Sword, but this was just a dream. He couldn't move. Nico heard the sound of many voices approaching the door of what Nico realized was a cell. There was a sound of clinking keys, and the door was thrown open, bathing the three of them in light.

     Nico saw four, maybe five people in the doorway. The man in the lead stepped into the cell. Nico couldn't see the man's face, for the only light was behind the man, but Nico had a feeling that this man was familiar. Another man handed him a candle, which illuminated his face.

 Nico's heart stopped. It was Sammy.

Sammy. 

Sammy had kept Nico and Bianca as slaves for 6 years before Will helped them escape.

Nico had almost forgotten about Sammy. Sammy had "taken them in" after the death of their mother, Maria di Angelo.

 Sammy had been kind to them for the first 3 hours they had known him, then had promptly informed them that they were his slaves, despite Bianca being only 6 and Nico only being 4.

 Will had been brought in by Sammy when Bianca was 10 and Nico was 8. Nico had immediately taken a liking to Will because he looked so cute with his blonde hair and blue eyes

. Nico hadn't been able to get to know Will in the beginning because after Will had demonstrated a knack for healing, Sammy had apprenticed him to Mrs. Cleary, the only healer in the mansion at the time.

 Despite that, Nico and Will had managed to form a strong relationship and in the end, Will had acted like he needed something from the market and needed help getting it. He had taken Nico and Bianca with him, and from there they used the money for "healing supplies" to guarantee them safe passage out of the town.

 Hazel had then found them wandering a beach, exhausted and hungry. She had brought them to the Argo II, where Percy had agreed with Hazel about them joining the crew. 

Sammy spoke suddenly, jolting Nico out of his thoughts.

"Well, well, well. Look at what we have here: Two runaways and a pirate." 

Two runaways? Nico thought in confusion. There was no way that Sammy could see him, right?

Nico's question was answered almost immediately. Sammy snapped his fingers and two men in the back came through the doorway, holding a limp body. Will's body.

Nico couldn't breathe. His body was filled with horror, shock, and terror as he stared at his boyfriend's body. Was Will even breathing?

No, no, NO. Will CAN'T die!

"HOW COULD YOU-" Hazel's shriek was cut off by Bianca, who kicked Hazel and gave her a warning look.

The guards holding Will's body dropped him like a sack of flour onto the floor. They moved over to where the imprisoned girls sat, unable to move away. The guards ignored Bianca and Hazel, however, and instead grabbed extra chains from the floor. The guards moved back over to Will and fastened them around Will's ankles and wrists and dragged him over to the girls. Will groaned softly as he was placed in front of the girls. Nico's heart soared. Will was alive! The guards attached the chains to the girls' chains so that they were all linked together. They stepped back, nodded to Sammy, then exited the cell. Sammy laughed.

"Only one more of you to grab and then the real punishment shall begin!" he said. Then Sammy turned and walked out to the cell with his guards close behind him. 

Nico woke screaming.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Let me know what you guys thought of this chapter! It was SUPER fun to write out initially, so I hope it helped with the boringness of this story so far!