Chapter 11

When Nico arrived in the mess hall, Piper, Annabeth, and Percy having breakfast. Piper was having a bowl of Cheerios, Annabeth was eating a strawberry bagel, and Percy was eating some blue cereal, which confused Nico. Last he had checked, they had been fresh out of Percy's favorite blue cereal, so where had Percy gotten it from? Then again, Nico mused, it had been a few days since he had checked...

Despite Nico's attempt to close the mess hall's door quietly, the door shut with a loud thud

Percy's head lifted, and he stood up. 

"Annabeth! Piper! Look!" Percy announced loudly (and dramatically). "The Sleeping Beauty is awake!" 

"Oh, shove off, Percy," Nico grumbled, but there was a slight trace of a smile on his face. 

"Of course, Your Royal Majesty!" Percy exclaimed, bowing  deeply and making his way toward the door before turning and saying,

"Wait. You might be the Prince of the Underworld, but you're not my ruler." 

Annabeth and Piper were doing their best not to laugh but it was obvious they were failing. Annabeth was hiding her face with her hands, and Piper was practically doubled over.

"Why, Percy? Why?" Nico groaned.

"Because you can't go into your little dark shell now that Will is gone. In fact, you need to speak about your feelings more now that he is gone. If you don't learn to let go of those feelings now, one day, you will be overwhelmed with those dark emotions until you snap and lose control of yourself. I don't want that." Percy said matter-of-factly. 

Nico was surprised by Percy's tone of voice and the truth in Percy's response. 

"That... that actually helps," Nico said after a moment. "I'll have to remember that. Grazie, Percy

Percy looked confused for a minute, and Nico realized he had slipped into Italian. 

"It means Thank you, Percy." he translated quickly. "Sorry."

"Don't be," both Percy and Piper said simultaneously. Annabeth laughed.

"You should remember those wise words," Annabeth said, staring at her boyfriend pridefully. Then her eyes narrowed. "that he totally didn't hear from me." 

"Hey!" Percy protested. "I'm capable of being wise, too!"

Piper laughed. "Percy, you have about as much capability of being wise as Leo is of being normal!" 

Nico and Annabeth burst into laughter.

Nico made his way over to the table and sat in between Piper and Percy. Buford the table shuffled over, his drawer clanking loudly. Nico opened the drawer and pulled out the breakfast menu:

•Menu•

•Frosted Flakes

•Honey Nut Cheerios

•Blue Frosted Flakes

•Waffles

•Bagels

(Circle One)

Nico circled Waffles with the pen he found in Buford's drawer and placed both items back in the drawer. Buford clanked and shuffled off toward the kitchens, coming back two minutes later with two waffles. Nico devoured the cereal. It felt like he hadn't eaten in months. He had always eaten the least out of any of the crew, despite Bianca and Will's disapproval. Now, Nico seemed to finally be feeling the hunger. The waffles were delicious, and Nico would have loved to keep eating, but he knew that he should listen to Percy's words and finally tell the others about Sammy. 

Nico stood.

"You guys might want to get Leo and Frank. I think I finally understand who has been taking our friends."