Chapter 20

Piper sat in silence after Nico finished telling her about his dream.

"So it's a trap," she stated. "So what are we going to do? Are we still going to go after them, knowing it's a trap? Or do we bring backup?" {yes do it, brother}

Nico hesitated. Those were some good questions, and to be completely honest, Nico had absolutely no clue how to reply.

"Do you want me to wake Sol?" she questioned. "She should be here after all. She is going on the quest with us."

"Yeah sure," Nico nodded. "Go wake her. I'm going to clean up this mess." he gestured to the painting corner, where there were various paints open and paint brushes out.

Piper got up and left. Nico did his best to clean up the mess quietly, but there were a few times that the paint jars clinked together and he would wince. But he thought he did well. As he finished cleaning, there was another knock on his door. He opened it and let Piper and Sol enter. They sat on Will's bed and let him put the last paint jar away.

"Dam," Sol commented, looking at the painting Nico had made. "I knew you were good at painting, but this is insane. I never knew anyone could paint that well."

Nico was uncomfortable with all this praise. He had always known he was kind of good at painting, but for Sol to say his painting was better than even professional painters was a whole new concept.

"Uh, thanks," he said awkwardly. "I don't think about it when I'm doing it. I just focus on blending the colors right. The result surprises me sometimes as well."

Nico sat on his bed and cleared his throat softly.

"Okay, so now that we are all, uh,l here, we should talk about the problem at hand. As Piper may have told you, Sol, I had another dream about Sammy's whereabouts. He's close by. And I know where Bianca, Will, and Hazel are being kept. It's in a warehouse not far from here. But it's-"

"Nico, calm down. You're talking too fast. Start over. Slower please."

Nico took a deep breath.

"I had another dream. This one was different. Sammy docked nearby here and took our friends ashore. He took them to an abandoned warehouse surrounded by his friends and they're just waiting for us to come find them. From what I saw, there's no way to get in and free them without them seeing us. We're going to need backup or something." {hey why can't I find myself}

There were two metallic barks, and Nico glanced over to see that, at some point, Aurum and Argentum had joined them.

"More than just Aurum, Argentum, Reyna, and the Argo II crew?" Sol inquired incredulously.

"Most likely," Piper affirmed. "From what Bianca revealed to me before she vanished, Sammy has over 50 men working for him. Two dogs and eight teenagers are no match for them. We need more."

Sol stood up suddenly.

"That's it!" she exclaimed.

"What?" Nico asked.

"I can Iris Message Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter and see how many demigods the camps can spare. If anything, I know some demigods that will help no matter what."

Nico nodded.
"But what if they can't? What if Sammy has more men than we thought?" Piper fretted nervously.

"He doesn't," I assured her. "Sammy's been in jail, remember? He hasn't had nearly enough time to have that many men. And besides, who would work for him? He's a power-hungry man who cares nothing about his followers. Not many would follow a man like that."

Piper still appeared unconvinced but nodded her head slowly.

"It's true," Sol chipped in quickly. "Many of Sammy's followers abandoned him when he went to jail. According to some, Sammy tried to pin the blame on a few of his followers and, when they got wind of it, abandoned him in disgust."

"Just what I'd expect from a bunch of no good bitc{h}-"

Just then Nico's door opened.

"I thought I heard voices in here." said a voice in the doorway.

It was Reyna, who, judging by the look in her eyes, had just woken up. She rubbed her eyes, took a step inside the room, and immediately almost tripped over Aurum.

"What in the world name of Hades? Oh sorry Aurum."

She stepped over her dogs and slowly walked over to the two beds, her eyes darting all over the room.

"It's been a while since I've walked into this room. Usually, Sol cleans the guest rooms."

"Anyway," she continued once she sat next to Sol and Piper on Will's bed. "What's going on here?" she asked, her gaze landed on the painting in the corner. She whistled appreciatively.

"Nico had another dream about the whereabouts of Sammy and his captives. We know where to go for the quest, but we are going to need backup. Sammy has too many men. We will need everyone we can get." Piper informed Reyna.

Reyna nodded her head.

"Sounds about right," she muttered. "So I just need to be at the ready with the Argo II members? I can see if Hazel can shadow-travel with me to the camps and get some help."

Nico had almost forgotten that his sister could shadow-travel.

"That sounds like it could work," Nico mused. "Reyna, if you could get started on that as soon as possible that would be great,"

Reyna nodded.

"And Sol, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it basically 10:00 a.m. at Camp Half-Blood? What time does Camp Jupiter wake up?"

"Both camps should be awake right now if you're right," Sol replied.

"Good," Piper said. "Reyna, how about you message Camp Jupiter? I'm sure they'll listen to you, seeing as you were once their praetor. Sol, seeing as you are one of the senior counselors in cabin 7, I'm sure Chiron will listen to you. Each camp should send about 6-10 campers ready for battle if they can."

Both of the older girls nodded their heads and went out of the room to follow the suggestion.

Authors note:

So, SO sorry that this update is so late! I had to deal with a funeral, and just being mentally dead for the last few weeks. I also am trying to deal with my mom not letting me be gender-fluid and other stuff.

Also, a big shout out to @Equine_Legend675 for doing a new cover for this story! I should update the cover soon! Go check out their shop!