Chapter 14

Story Song Playlist: www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...
Chapter 14

Benny's P.O.V.

Well, our journey is finally beginning. We're leaving in 5 minutes, and I'm rushing to finish my packing. Dan, thankfully, helped a little, packing my weapons and replacement weapons. I had to pack my clothes. The thing is, I only do laundry when I have no choice but to do it. So when December woke me up, I threw a load in, which consisted of my wardrobe for the trip. Just the essentials. And my snap back. I actually remember getting it very clearly...

"Hey Benny! Look, a pink cheetah print snap back!" Dan yelled at me from across the aisle of the clothing store we were at.
"Ha, ha, very funny, DinDan." Suddenly, my eyes fell on the perfect hat. It was dark grey, with silver and gold tendrils coming from the brim to the top of the hat. I picked it up, and payed, and then I had a snap back. Yay.

I also remember the first time I had called Dan 'DinDan'...

I had just finished making dinner, so I started calling everyone to the table. I walked out of the kitchen, called down the hall, "Em, Lester!" at this I turned back around, finishing my call. I hadn't called Dan, since he was in the lounge, beside the kitchen. "Din-DAN!" You see, I had started to say 'dinner' but my eyes had landed on Dan, who's fingers were in the chili I had made.
"Is that Dan's nickname?" Phil asked from behind, chuckling.
"Yes. Yes it is." I replied at Dan's glare from hearing the stupid excuse for a nickname. "Hey DinDan," I called, laughing at him.
"I hate you. Literally." He replied.

I also remember the first time I called Phil 'Lester'...

"Phiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllll ughhhhhhhhhhh. Get uppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!" I shouted at my sleeping brother.
"It's Phil, Phil Lester." He mumbled in his sleep.
"Wait, what's your last name?" I asked.
"It's Lester. Is this Mr William's class?" Oh, so he's dreaming of a memory of school.
"No, this is Mr..... John's class."
"Oh. Sorry, Sir." I started laughing quietly but decided to reply.
"Well, you'd best be on your way, Lester."
"Okay, well bye."
"Bye, close the door on your way out." At this Phil swung his arm forward.
"Ugh. Now I have to find Mr William's class."
"PHIL WAKE UP." I shouted at him. He bolted awake then, and glared at me through sleepy eyes. I however, was still laughing because of the talking while he was asleep.
"What?" He asked when I didn't stop laughing.
"Nothing, Lester."
"Oh god, did I talk in my sleep?"
"Yep, Lester."
"I hate you."
"Love you too, Lester."
"Stop it!"
"Okay Lester!" I walked out of his room laughing, and he groaned as he shut his door. I love my brother.

By now we were well on our way to the train tracks, hoping to find the underground tunnels that led to the city. People had made these long ago to help people sneak across the country. We were in a different country now, but this country was bonkers. Everything was synchronized perfectly and it was weird. I don't like it here. I actually wish we had stayed at the cabin. But, sadly, we have to go because the prophecy actually does need to be fulfilled. I wish it didn't. I wish the whole world was perfect and Dan and Phil were together, and my father was dead. But no, not gonna happen until this prophecy is completed. Ugh.

I still remember the first time I walked in on Phil practicing how to say 'I'm in love with you.' into the mirror so he could muster the courage to tell Dan...

I hummed to myself as I walked to the bathroom, about to brush my teeth. I heard faint mumbling and came to a halt when I saw my brother staring at the mirror muttering, "I, I've liked you for a long time... No, no, I haven't just liked him, I've loved him for a long ass time. Okay, let's try again... Hey Dan, I need to tell you somethi- Benny? How much of that did you hear?!" He said as he puled on his hair in frustration. I chuckled and replied, "I heard a little bit, something about loving Dan for a 'long ass' time." I said, using air quotes on the words 'long ass'.
"Why are you practicing talking to Dan? Why don't you just do it?"
"It's really not that easy, Benny."

So much time has passed since I've actually been out of my head. I check my watch, see that it's been 4 hours since I last spaced in after a flashback. Guess my body was running on autopilot. I hear a rustle, and everyone stops. We all crouch low in the bushes, waiting silently. Then three heavily-armed guards come out of the trees...

A/N

Sorry for the cliffhanger.... and teh wait. I've been sitting on this chapter for a while now. I hope you liked it, I worked really hard on it. Bye.

Cameo F. Wolf