Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Dan's P.O.V.

After about 3 hours of walking this happened:

We all hear a rustle and everyone stops. We all crouch low in the bushes, waiting silently. Then three heavily-armed guards come out of the trees. I hold my breath, hoping they pass. Benny makes a sign to the rest of us, motioning for us to all be quiet, we weren't going to fight. Then I heard one guard mumble, "Where is that stupid boy? He couldn't have gotten this far."
To which another guard replied, "I dunno. Maybe we should backtrack." After a while, I spotted movement. The group of 4 guards all nodded and were on they're way, leaving us all nervous wrecks. That was a lot for my heart to handle. I've got enough on my mind from Phil and my sister and-

What about me?
Nothing. Not everything is about you.
Well, I knew  that. But what do I have to do with your stress and what's on your mind?
You worry me, and annoy me.
Really? I hadn't noticed. I'm not that annoying, am I?
Actually, you are. You act like a bitch to me, especially when all I need is comfort. Why can't you at least pretend to like me?
I get bored here, in your head. I don't even know  how  I exist, and you're getting mad at me?
Yes. I don't deserve to be treated that way.
Not fair!
I have to live in the real world. Who's life is harder? Mine. The real world sucks.
At least you have more than one person to talk to. All I have is you.
If you actually tried to get along with me, maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Besides, you'll be out soon enough.
Hmmmmmm, I hate you sometimes.
Only sometimes?
Yeah.

"Ahhh!" I heard Phil yell from a few feet behind us. What has that idiot done to himself now? I walk in that direction and hear December yelling at me and Bernard (Benny).
"Guys, this is serious. Get the first aid pack." I grabbed it from my bag, jogging over to my clumsy love. His foot was limp and he was breathing through his mouth heavily. Looked like a sprained ankle. Easy fix. Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I was trained in medics, so I get all the injury stuff.

I squatted down beside him, sighing. Opening the kit, I grabbed out a tensor bandage, two metal clips and some medical tape. I taped his foot and ankle to point straighter so it would hurt less. After the tape, I wrapped his ankle and foot with the bandage and put on the metal clips. Fin. I breathed out, slumping back on my legs. I gave him a quick smile, and he mirrored my own.
"Thanks, Dan." He sighed, a look of complete contentment on his beautiful face.
"You're welcome, Phil." I breathed back, gazing at him with a lovesick smile. Sadly, I did not notice Benny or December taking multiple pictures of our stupid faces.

~~~le time skip until dinner(they camped out where Phil fell)~~~

"So, uh, Dan, when are we gonna be able to go?" Benny asked me, concerned.
"In about 3 days. Phil needs rest, and 3 days is the bare minimum for his healing process. Sprained ankles really suck." Phil groaned at my reply, leaning back on the tree he was up against. I scooted closer to him, him putting his arm over my shoulder and me cuddling into his side. I love him. I really do. It's times like these where I really like having Phil as my best friend. Even if he's not my boyfriend, he's still my friend, and that's enough. For now.