Comfort.

I watched as Rhea and Liv shared intimidating looks. Rhea, towering over her, smirked when Liv tried to slap her face but she caught her hand. Then Rhea punched her and Liv fell on the mat. Rhea grabbed her hair and pulled her up and shoved her back in the mat harshly. She then circled the ring licking her lips. Liv got up and tried to climb the ropes but Rhea lifted her up into a vertical suplex. When Rhea dropped her I could see she was getting tired. They exchanged a few more hits and I started to yell at Rhea. "Rhea! Tag me! For fuck's sakes tag me in!" She finally came to the apron and tagged me in. Liv was lying on the mat so I instantly started trowing punches. Raquel was yelling but Rhea shut her up pretty quickly. I circled the ring giving Liv some time to get on her feet and tag Raquel because I was dying to get my hands on her. For some reason when Rhea told me earlier today that her and Raquel were together and Raquel cheated on her my blood boiled. I don't know why maybe it's just me looking out for my friend. Liv stood up and reached to tag in Raquel. I smiled manically almost like a lunatic. Raquel tried to flatten me but I ducked out of her reach and climbed the top rope performing a hurricanrana which Raquel took without hesitation. She slammed hard against the mat hitting her head and laid unconscious. I went for the pin. "1! 2! 3! Here are your winners Valentina Mysterio and Rhea Ripley!" I jumped from Raquel and Rhea ran into the ring. I jumped in her arms without even realising. She hugged me as well and didn't even doubt it for a second. We stayed like that for a few seconds and then she let me go slowly. I looked at her and smiled. She returned the smile and the referee raised our hands. "The winners will go against the title holders Carmella and Queen Zelina next Monday!"

"You guys did great!" Dominik hugged us the moment we stepped through the gorilla. "Muchas gracias Dominik."(Thank you Dominik.) I looked at Rhea again and she smiled so happily and genuinely that my heart warmed up. I started jumping around excited. "Rhea and Valentina you're doing an interview in 5." A crew member announced and we nodded. We waited for the interviewer to come and when he did he congratulate us. "First thing I wanted to ask you guys is how are you feeling about your win?" He spoke calmly not excited like us. "I still can't believe we won. Liv and Raquel are such a strong team and they work wonderfully together." I answered first. "We won because of you. And even if they work wonderfully together we are better." She winked at me. "Oh shut up." I laughed. "I agree with you guys Liv and Raquel are a great team but they both have history with you Rhea, right? How do you feel about that?" "Well whatever happened before doesn't matter now because I have my girl right next to me." She put a hand around my waist and I smiled widely. "So Valentina have you thought about changing anything about your character other than your appearance?" "I was thinking about changing my ring name but I quickly scratched that idea because if someone is going to use the Mysterio name and bring honour to it it's going to be me or Dominik." "Okay and last question for both of you. How do you feel about this paring between you two?" "I love it. I'm much more of a solo person but with Valentina I feel confident in myself and she brings me comfort." Rhea spoke first. "Sometimes it can be difficult because we are both dominant and we both want to run the show but we take turns and that's okay." I spoke after her and she nodded her head agreeing.

I returned home with Dominik and his fiancée Marie. Rhea tagged along because she didn't want me to third wheel. They were all sleeping over and it was going to be fun. We had dinner and drank a bit of tequila. Not as much as in the club but enough to get us a bit dizzy. We listened to some music and talked a lot. We went to bed and I was sleeping peacefully until I heard something from one of the guest rooms. At first I thought it was just Dominik and Marie fucking but it wasn't the typical sex noises. It was more like crying. I decided to go check it out. It wasn't coming from Dominik and Marie's room but from Rhea's. I knocked but no one answered so I went in. Rhea was lying on her bed sleeping but turning and crying. "Rhea, Rhea wake up!" I shook her body but she wasn't waking up. "Please Rhea wake up it's just a nightmare!" She finally woke up and basically jumped out of bed. The moment she met my eyes she almost ran to me and hugged me. "I dreamed that you got injured." She whispered. "It's okay Demi it was just a dream." I confronted her rubbing her back. She let go of me and looked at me confused. "What did you call me?" I just realised I called her Demi. Her real name. "I'm sorry Rhea it just came to my mind first. She smiled. "You can call me Demi. It's okay." She didn't like when people called her Demi. Only the closest ones did. "Okay." I nodded. "Can you stay with me? I know it's too much to ask but when i'm alone I always have nightmares and usually I sleep with my dogs." She asked looking uncomfortable. "Yeah, of course I will stay with you." I couldn't let her sleep alone after a nightmare. When I was a teen I suffered from them regularly and I knew how scary they can be. But Rhea dreamed of me getting injured. And that upset her so much that it didn't feel real. She couldn't be that upset because something happened to me, could she?

—————————————————
word count: 1041
Thank you for reading!
-M.