Attend.

We picked up Demi's things as well as her pets. Her dogs were the cutest and her cats were so friendly. On the way back Demi went in her car because we couldn't get all the bags in mine and she also needed hers. We arrived back and she settled in. The cats almost immediately went to the couch while the dogs explored the apartment a bit. "Wanna watch a movie?" I suggested. "Only if it's horror." Demi smiled. "What else can it be?" I joked and put on Midsommar. I was so in love with Florence especially after I met her in 2017 while she was shooting Fighting with my family. I had a little extra role in there but it was enough for me that I even got to meet Flo. "Do you want me to order anything?" I asked Demi. Considering the time she should be hungry. "Honestly I've been craving your cooking ever since I ate those tacos." I laughed and nodded. I got up and went to the kitchen. Demi soon followed me. "Weren't you watching the movie?" I asked. "I putted it on pause. I will help you." "Are you sure? Mexican dishes are kinda complex." I thought she wouldn't want to cook but she nodded. "I'm sure. You can teach me." Huh. Weird. I nodded and we got to cooking. I decided to make some beef carnitas because it was my favourite as a kid. Demi was really good in the kitchen and she was learning fast. I wish Dominik could help me like that.

We sat down to eat and as soon as Demi took her first bite, she looked in pure ecstasy. "This is so good." She smiled. "It was my favourite when I was a kid. Mom didn't really have much interest in cooking so she never did dishes that took longer to cook and since this is one of the fastest things she used to make it every Thursday." I smiled remembering my childhood. Just as Demi opened her mouth to say something my phone rang. It was Dominik. "Hey dipshit!" I just picked up and he was already making me regret it. "Yes Dominik?" Demi was giggling at me rolling my eyes. "What are you doing?" Was he stupid or something? "I'm having dinner." "Did you cook?" "Yeah I did." "Then I'm coming over." "No, Dom-" He hung up. I look at Demi and she burst into laughter. "You are explaining to him why you basically moved in with me." I pointed at her and she fake pouted.

The front door rang and I went to open it with annoyance. Not only was Dominik there but the rest of The Judgement Day was as well. "Dominik, ¿qué carajo haces aquí? ¿Y trajiste a Damien y Finn conigo? Tienes suerte de que cociné suficiente comida." (Dominik, what the fuck are you doing here? And you brought Damien and Finn with you? You are lucky I cooked enough food.) They walked in and Damien looked at the dogs on the couch. "What are Rhea's dogs doing here?" I told her she was explaining. "Demi! Come here please and explain to our dear friends, why are you and the babies in my apartment?" She came from the kitchen laughing. "Wait, wait, wait! Demi? Demi?!" Finn had the best shocked expression ever. "Yeah, what is so weird about me calling her Demi?" I was honestly confused. I know that not a lot of people call her Demi but I didn't think that me calling her that was weird. "Rhea doesn't allow anyone on the roster to call her Demi." Really? Hm. "Anyways the reason I'm here is because me and Valentina are a married couple and the pets are our kids." She laughed putting her arm around my waist. I nodded rapidly and the boys laughed. "I'm just kidding. I will be staying here for a while so I can get to know Val, because of the whole dating storyline." They nodded in agreement and we all went to the kitchen to eat. "Hey Val, mom was talking about the family dinner in 3 days. She wants you to attend." Dominik said with sympathy in his eyes. "Our mom holds an annual family dinner to which she invites the whole fucking planet." I cleared the confusion on the faces of our favourite teammates and dropped my head in my hands. "And why is that so bad?" Damien asked innocently. He knew nothing. "Because the public eye is on our family at all times and because this is the only time I really see my mom. She never forgets to ask me when I'm getting a husband and finally stepping out of the ring." I explained, mimicking my mother in annoyance. "I'm bringing Marie so she doesn't ask me." Dominik shrugged. "I wish I had a partner. If it was a woman it would be even better. I could make my mom even more angry." I smiled at the thought. "I will come with you. If you want me to." Demi smiled so beautifully. "Yeah, that sounds great." The boys shared a look and then me and Demi laughed.

The boys finally left and I cleaned up. Demi wanted to help but I insisted. Then I sat down on my desk and pulled out my sewing machine and my almost ready dress. "What are you doing?" Demi asked walking in the room and plopped on the bed. "Finishing my dress for the family dinner. I hoped not to attend but started a dress a week ago just in case." "Do you want any help?" "Can you hand sew lace?" I smiled at her.

My dress was finally ready and it was already three in the morning. "Come on put it on!" Demi rushed me in the bathroom to put it on.

I was so in love with this dress

I was so in love with this dress. I got out of the bathroom and Demi's jaw dropped. "You look gorgeous." I smiled at her and went to the bathroom to take it off. When I got out Demi was already laying down in her sleepwear. "Dress or a suit?" I asked her. "Depends. For long will I be wearing it?" "Maybe 5 hours. There is a "red carpet" as well." I told her with air quotes. "Suit then. But more feminine vibe." She explained to me. I nodded and laid down next to her. Tomorrow I was going to make her a suit. The dogs soon cuddled with us and we fell asleep.
——————————————————
word count: 1095
Thank you for reading!
-M.