Peace.

I woke up by the sun light. I tried to get up but Demi's head on my chest or hand on my waist were not helping at all. She was still sleeping peacefully. I'm glad I could bring her comfort. She slowly turned upwards a bit and opened her eyes slightly. "Morning Demi." She looked a little stunned but then relaxed again. "Morning. Sorry I forgot you were here." I smiled at her. "It's okay." We were cuddled close our faces just inches apart. The door opened and revealed Dominik. "Hey Rhea have you seen V-" His jaw dropped when he saw me there. He quickly pulled his phone out and took a photo. "Oh this is so going to the group chat." These were his last words before he left. Me and Demi looked at each other and bursted into laughter.

We went down to eat breakfast and saw that Dominik and Marie had left. "If you want me to leave too It's fine." Demi looked down to the table. "Demi don't be ridiculous. Maybe without them we can talk more privately. If you want to." She knew I was talking about the nightmares. She nodded her head. "Well It all began when I was fourteen. Before that me and my sister used to share a room. When I first got my new room I was really excited but soon that excitement faded. The first night I went to bed as normal but I guess when my body didn't feel the body of my sister next to me It panicked. I started dreaming how she died. When I woke up the next day I thought It would be just a one time thing but It happened every night. Two weeks later I told my parents because I couldn't stand it anymore and they got me one of my dogs. Luna. When I moved here to America that empty feeling was even stronger so I got Barry-my other dog and two cats. To be completely honest with you, they don't exactly stop the nightmares. They just aren't that bad. Last night was probably the most peaceful night i've had ever since fourteen." "Oh Demi." I hugged her as tight as possible. Single tears were rolling down her cheeks. I couldn't stand to watch her like this. I hated myself for even putting her in a separate room before asking what she is comfortable with. She slowly pulled away and I let her go. "I'm sorry." Was she serious right now? "Demi you have nothing to be sorry about. I should be the one who is sorry. I didn't ask you what you would be comfortable with, I just put you in a separate room." I took her hands in mine.

"So what is your favourite scary movie?" I asked her. "Stop deepening your voice like ghostface and maybe I'll tell you." We laughed. Suddenly my phone ringed. It was Stephanie and she wouldn't call on a Saturday morning unless it was something important so I picked it up. "Hey Valentina is Rhea anywhere near you by any chance?" "Actually yes, she is next to me." I put Stephanie on speaker so Demi can hear. "I'm glad. So girls I wanted to ask you if you can come to the office in around a hour so we can discuss something?" I looked at Rhea and she nodded. "Yeah, we will see you later. Bye." With that I hung up and ran to the bathroom to get ready. I could hear Demi's chuckling from the living room but then I heard her steps going to the other bathroom. We got ready as quickly as possible because we had around a 15 minute car drive. We got in the car and sang our hearts out to some rock and metal music. Eventually we arrived and we went to Stephanie's office. Demi knocked on the door and we heard Stephanie welcoming us inside. Demi opened the door but she didn't go in first. She held the door for me. I smiled at her and went in. She was right on my tail, closing the door behind her. "Welcome girls. Sit down please. We sat down and Stephanie began to talk. "So guys I know I told you to take things slow but the fans are really eager to see some more romance between you two so we want you to kiss on Monday." She wasn't serious about this, was she? "On live TV?" I questioned. "Yeah. You are going against Carmella and Zelina and when you win I want Rhea to pick you up and then you put your hands on her cheeks and you kiss her." I looked at Demi who wasn't speaking and had her arms crossed. Maybe she was uncomfortable. Honestly I wasn't because we have grown closer to each other but I don't really know if kissing her would be appropriate. "We will do it." She said nodding. We didn't really have a choice so I guess she just didn't want to lose her job. Stephanie looked at me for permission and I nodded as well. She slipped a contract across the table and me and Demi signed it. We both left the office and got into my car again. "Hey Demi I know this is kind of weird but I was going to ask if you wanted to stay some time with me. When you told me this was one of your most peaceful nights I couldn't just let you go back to your apartment alone. So if you want to we can go by your place pick up your things and then go back to my apartment?" She looked at me in shock but also like I was the purest thing she had ever seen. "I can't. It would really be great but I need to look after my pets." She didn't know I had already thought of that. "That's okay. You can bring them as well." I smiled. "So not only are you letting me basically live in your apartment but you're saying I can take my pets as well?" She looked so excited. Like a kid on Christmas. "Yeah of course." "Let's go pick up my things and my babies then!" We laughed and I started the car, Demi navigating me.

——————————————————
word count: 1056
Thank you for reading!
-M.