Chapter - 26

Jennie: mama?

She asked with frowned eyebrows and everyone panicked. Jiminie widened her eyes in realisation.  She messed up. She scolded herself in her mind.

Jiminie: stupid, minie. Why did you call mama as mama? Now nini is questioning you. Aish!

Jungkook gulped and looked towards Taehyung, who looked back at him. Taehyung raised his eyebrow at Jungkook.

Taehyung: what should I do?

Taehyung asked with his eyes to Jungkook.

Jungkook: I Don't know. But do something to clean this mess.

He glared at the idol. Taehyung sighed and turned Jennie towards him.

Taehyung: um, Jen baby. . .

He started to search for some reason to satisfy the girl and make her believe. And he got it.

Taehyung: you know, minie don't have a mama, right?

Jennie nodded her head at that with a frown.

Taehyung: that's why she called your mama as 'mama' mistakenly. Right, minmin?

Jiminie nodded her head, playing along with her dada. She pouted sadly making a perfect innocent, poor face. Jungkook sat their seeing the father-daughter duo act.

Jiminie: I'm sorry, nini. I won't call him mama anymore

She said with a pout looking down. Jungkook felt his heart ache at the sight. He too looked down in guilt.

Jennie: no no, minie. You can call my mama as 'mama'. It's okay

She said hugging the other girl,  who smiled and hugged her back. Jungkook looked up at them with teary eyes. Taehyung also smiled seeing his daughters' bond.

Taehyung:  I hope it lasts for long

He hoped and looked towards Jungkook, who had his eyes fixed on the girls.

-🥀-

Taehyung: so, are you both excited for the trip?

Jennie: yehhh!!

Jiminie: I'm so excited, dada

They all got ready and waited down for Jungkook to come down, who was taking too long to ascend down. And finally,  the awaited male came down.

Taehyung and Jiminie frowned their eyebrows, while Jennie's shoulder slumped down. Taehyung noticed it and looked at Jungkook who was busy in his mobile while buttoning up his blazer.

Taehyung: Jungkook,  where are you going?

He asked the male, going towards him. Jungkook took the mobile from his ear and looked at them. Jennie looked away from him.

Jungkook bit his lips and cut the call.

Jungkook: an important situation came up. I can't join you.

He said looking down, as he can't meet his daughter's sad eyes. Jennie came towards them and tugged onto Taehyung's pants.

Jennie: taetae, let's go. I know that something like this will happen.

She said the last words like a whisper, that somehow reached Taehyung's ears. He looked at Jungkook who looked down at his daughter with guilty at It's peak.

Jungkook: I'm sorry baby.

He knelt down and cupped his daughter's face, who smiled at her mama. The smile panged his heart so hard.