14

***
"Hyunjin it's noon! Get up and eat something!" Mrs. Hwang yelled as she banged on his locked door, not hearing anything from the other side. "Hwang hyunjin open this damn door!!" She sighed in frustration as she finally heard some movement and the door opening slowly.

"W-what mom." He looked down towards his feet, she frowned and lifted his chin with her hands. "Honey." She started, looking at Hyunjin's puffy faces as tears streamed down his face. He let out a sob and wrapped his arms around his mom, she took him to the living room with the others.

"Honey I know you miss your friend, but we can't do anything about it I'm sorry." Hyunjin coughed and sat down, wiping his eyes. "I-it's not just that!" Jennie held Hyunjin's hand and rested her head on his shoulder. "What is it then?" Hyunjin sniffled and shook his head. "I c-can't tell you.. you'll be mad."

Hyunjin's mom sighed and knelt down, placing her hands on his knees. "Do you miss Minho because he was a good friend, or do you miss him because you don't think of him as a friend." Hyunjin looked up with wide eyes, tears falling down his face. "H-how.. how do you-"

"I can just tell. We all can tell Hyunjin. You've been so happy these past couple weeks, Felice hasn't been over in forever, and you and Minho are always stuck in your room." Hyunjin wiped his eyes and smiled as he remembered the times they were cuddling in his room. "Felice broke up with me."

The family stayed quiet for a second, Jennie speaking up. "Why's that?" He sighed and squeezed her hand. "She said I was avoiding her, and she told me I have to figure stuff out with Minho." She took a second before pinching Hyunjin's cheek. "You definitely have to figure things out with him, he's such a cute boy!!"

Hyunjin smiled and looked down. "And I also knew there was something with you guys because I saw hickeys on Minho's neck that one time I asked what you guys wanted to eat." She laughed as the parents looked at hyunjin with wide eyes. "Hwang hyunjin you did what?!"

He let out a chuckle and wiped his remaining tears. "We didn't go that far mom, he's traumatized from the things his father makes him do." She decided to not say anything, rubbing Hyunjin's knee softly.

"You don't have to put a label on who you like and who you don't like son. You should talk to Minho and see if he feels the same way, just know that we love you and won't ever think of you differently." Mr. Hwang spoke up for the first time, placing his hand on Hyunjin's shoulder.

Hyunjin sniffled and nodded, pulling his dad into a hug. "Thank you dad, I love you." He smiled and ruffled his hair. "I love you too son, now let's try to get Minho back okay?" Hyunjin pulled away and stood up quickly. "Yes! But how?"

Jennie cleared her throat, gaining the other's attention. "You guys remember the guy I'm talking to right?" They nodded slowly. "Well, he's a police officer.. maybe we can get him to talk to the others about Minho's situation?" hyunjin jumped up and pulled her into a hug. "That would be awesome! Thank you noona!!" hyunjin stopped as he heard his phone rang.

Mrs. Hwang handed it to him. "It's Minho, you better take it." Hyunjin quickly took the phone and ran to his room. "Hey.. hey baby."

⚠️***⚠️

"Hey babe!" Jennie smiled as a guy came by and gave her a hug and kiss on the cheek. "Hey jack!" He smiled and hugged the parents as well, giving hyunjin a fist bump. "So what are you guys doing here? Just to visit me." He smirked at Jennie and raised his brows, she blushed and slapped his shoulder. "Seriously, no we need to talk to you about someone that needs help."

He gave a face and nodded. "Yeah, okay.. follow me then." He led them to one of the conference rooms and took a seat in front of them. "So what's going on? Who needs help?"

Hyunjin took a deep breath. "This person I know.. they are from a very abusive household and are traumatized from the stuff they were forced to do, you really need to help because I don't think I can live without knowing this person is okay." Jack smiled and nodded. "I'll see what I can do, you seem close to this person." Hyunjin had a small smile and nodded.

"What's her name?" "Lee Minho, the prince." Jack widened his eyes and scoffed slightly. "Wow okay.. didn't expect that." Mrs. Hwang held Hyunjin's hand under the table. "I know it's a lot to ask, but Minho's been living with us for a couple weeks and he told hyunjin and I almost everything.. it's horrifying, just terrible what his parents make him do."

He nodded and took out a clipboard and a pen, getting a recorder out as well. "Start from the beginning, how did you meet him?" "In my office, his parents sent him to a therapist because they said something was wrong in his brain that he needed to be 'fixed'." He hummed and wrote stuff down. "How was he acting? Was it like he was faking anything, or how he usually is on tv?"

"He was really scared. I asked questions about his parents and he started to tear up by the mention of them.. He was terrified to say anything bad about them because he didn't want to get a punishment, he said that he felt like he was never good enough and when I said I was proud of him he started crying again, but he was happy crying."

Jack clicked his tongue. "Interesting, was he scared to leave?" Mrs. Hwang shook her head. "He had a friend waiting for him and he was really happy to leave, they were probably going to the friends house." Jack nodded and looked at hyunjin. "How did you get close to him?"

"Me and mom were driving one night around the town and saw Minho laying on a bench shivering and he was crying, we brought him to our house and he stayed there for a couple weeks. Something happened with him and his friend so he was really sad, I got mad at him one time and was about to punch him.. he started crying and referred to me as his dad, a little bit later we were about to go to bed and he asked if there were any bad guys at the house. I was confused so I asked what he meant by that.. he-he told me that his dad sends bad guys to his room to hit him and t-touch him when he friend isn't there. He also told me that ever since he was young the parents had him stop eating at 12 and that if he ate any later he would have to throw up the food." Hyunjin wiped his eyes and tears started to flow down his face.

Jack wrote the stuff down. "Shit..can you call him so I can talk to him?" Hyunjin nodded quickly and pulled out his phone, calling Minho and putting it on speaker phone. Jack called some of the other officers and they came just in time.

Hyunnie.. I can't do this anymore hyunnie.

Min what's going on? Where are you?

I'm in the bathroom, t-the bad guys are here hyunnie.

Hello this is officer Jack, I'm with hyunjin and we're trying to help you

Y-you are??

Yes sir, why are you in the bathroom?

there are no cameras in here but dada's right outside so I have to be quiet

Okay, do you have any pictures of the stuff the bad guys have done?

Y-yes but they're on dada's phone.. he also took pictures of me when the bad guys couldn't come so he did it instead.

Is there any way you can get the phone?

I can try.. but it's going to be hard- "Minho what's taking so long in the bathroom?!" I-I have to go, I will send the pictures to hyunnie

Minho said quickly before hanging up the phone.

Jack took a deep breath and looked at the other officers. "Do you think we can do it?" "We've got no choice.. he needs the help." Hyunjin smiled widely and stood up, bowing. "Thank you so much, I can't thank you enough." Jack stood up and gave hyunjin a small hug. "We're going to do the best we can."

***

Woah cliffhanger

I'm going to finish this soon but make sure to read my other books if you haven't yet!