Chapter 10

In Cannon the birthday I have set for him is September 7th

Merula PoV

What am I going to do, Moon's birthday is today and I am stressed about this. So I turned to the house of Ravenclaw, which seems to be a very wise point. So when I went to their area in the Grand Hall and gave them what was going down.

Rowan: "Oh him, he is oddly simple, just give him something to show your affection."
"So just something simple."
Rowan: "Well yeah, I'm his friend, but I don't know what it is he wants."

So I opted to get things he likes, I went to Three Broomsticks and asked for an empty bottle. I then booked it to the kitchen and, to my surprise, the elves gave me a cake and a big canister of whiskey. Honestly, I see him drink more water than this stuff, I can literally count how many times he drank from that vile on my own hands.

"Thanks...I guess?"
Elf number 1: "Not a problem, we know his preference for drinks. We also made dinner for two."
"I now know why he trusts you guys with events."

I got the stuff and thought to throw him a surprise party. So I got to work, then I remembered his dampener when it comes to surprises.

*Flashback spell (I do them for context now)*

He was working on something in the fields when I decided to hug him. But before I could touch his body, he quickly whipped around, got me in a chokehold, and held me there for a good 2 minutes and 3 seconds.

"What the heck man, I was just giving you a hug."
Moon: "I'm sorry, I've been on edge, and always will be when I'm most vulnerable and doing something that involves my full attention. But my hairs stand on end and tend to increase the sense of touch so I could react accordingly."
"Well, that's something new. Is that how you feel about surprises?"
Moon: "No, But surprises make my heart race to the point of passing out."
"That's new...I'll keep that in mind."

I gave him a quick kiss and went back inside.

*End of Flashback spell(you know the drill)*

So that's when to idea spurred in my mind as, to go see what he was doing and join him, so I looked and found him tinkering with something. I simply asked if I could join him. He said yes and worked on the project with him. We worked until the end of the day, when we had dinner and dessert. Three hours later and I see the entire house of Ravenclaw just staring at us with the 'will you just kiss already' face. So while I was just trying my best not to blush I was thinking to myself.

Get it together Snyde, it's not like your naked body is showing

Then Moon pulled in for a kiss as it landed directly on my cheek. I was now bushing and looking at him dead in the eye and blushed.

Okay, that was surprising

I then pulled out a box and handed it to him.

Moon: "For me, thank you."
"No problem, Now open it...the elves gave it to me and I want to know what it is."

He opened it up to find.

Moon: "this was the flask I saw at Hogsmead, how?""I don't know

"I don't know."
Moon: "Regardless I have to say thanks to them."

After that we walked back to the room and slept. I made sure to acknowledge the fact that it was his birthday.

"Goodnight, Birthday boy."
Moon: "Goodnight, my dear."

And we slept fine that night.

Happy birthday Moon