Chapter 15

The day following the incident where Moon lost his hand

Moon PoV

Me and Merula were working together in Potions class when someone asked me why I was wearing a leather glove on my left hand. This proved to not bother me, for when he asked me I just said nothing and continued to work. Until I felt something take off the glove, so I snatched it back and placed it back on my wooden hand.

Classmate 1: "Come on, it can't be that bad."

I said nothing and continue to work. That is until he took the glove again, and this time, burned it. I would be pissed if I weren't working, Merula noticed this and placed her hand on my left hand. But our classmate just snatched my left hand and looked at it, but I slapped his face, made a new glove, and got back to work. Snape saw what went down and decided to speak up.

Snape: "Anybody else who pesters anyone but who they are working with, and I will take away points from the said house, am I clear?"

The entire class was peaceful until charms class, where everyone asked about the glove I had on. This went on for several weeks, until, one day in Care for Magical Creatures class

*insert Bloodcurdling scream here*

We all looked to see a white wolf and a black wolf who held my hand in its mouth. This seemed to have flipped a switch in me the moment I saw that black dog, so I lunged at it and tried to pry its mouth open. They were all looking most with confusion and fear, but Merula was having none of it. She got up and grabbed a thing of rope and tied up the black wolf to the nearest tree, so after I grabbed the hand in its mouth(this took an hour by the way) I managed to look and see that it was a left hand, Like mine. Then it clicked, this was my hand.

"Are you kidding me, you stole my hand, and now you want to give it back? What are you?"

The black beast just growled, broke the ropes, and was about to lunge at the nearest person. It leaped only for me to club it with a thick log, it fell to the ground before it pinned me to the ground and snarled at me. It lashed out as it tried to bite me.

Hagrid: "Come on, yeh got this."
"Not helping, Mate."

It almost bit the log clean in half. This turned out to be an advantage because it opened its jugular, so I put my left hand(the wood one)on the neck and started to hold it in a locked grasp. I looked into its eyes and realized, it was starving. Is that why they took my hand?

"Hey, Merula, can you get me the jerky from the top drawer of the nightstand?"

Merula PoV

Okay, I saw this beast bite my boyfriend's hand off, and now it's back, nearly attacked a student, and practically attacked Moon again. I was about to kick this wolf in its bollocks, but then I hear Moon.

Moon: "Hey, Merula, can you get me the jerky from the top drawer of the nightstand?"

At first, I was hesitant, but I dashed to our room and grabbed the jerky there. I handed it to him, and watch as he proceeded to feed the creatures the meat. An hour into this and the wolves harbored a newly found trust with us(the white one was nuzzling up to me). But I was still uneasy until it came to me and nuzzled me.

 But I was still uneasy until it came to me and nuzzled me

Now that I see it, it does look loveable

Now that I see it, it does look loveable. I look at its twigs and berries(British slang for genitalia) and found it to be a girl, the other one was a boy. That day class was dismissed early, but while we were walking, the wolves followed us. I looked at Moon and said this directly.

"Moon, we should own these wolves."
Moon: "What!? How could we, one of them bit my hand off."
"I know, but look, it apologized in wolf. Besides Luna and Sol looks so cute."
Moon: "Wait, you named them?! Seems like we have no other choice huh?"
"Nope"

Just then we see Snape and Dumbledore walk towards us. They looked us dead in the eyes, then smiled. Both of them stared at the glove and Moon as if they knew about the whole 'hand getting bitten off by a wolf' thing.

Snape: "Somehow I saw this happening, but this is unexpected."
Dumbledore: "Why yes, but we can give grace to them eh?"
"Umm, this is starting to get Dodgy, can you clear it up?"
Moon: "I think they're talking about the hand."

So we conversed for a bit until we got to our room, when there, we changed the former shrine into the room for Luna and Sol. This was enough to convince her to walk in there. When they did come out was to kiss us both(well lick us) that night we lay in bed trying to catch some zed. But I noticed that Moon was having a hard time sleeping. I look beside me and see that he was up and currently reading Of Mice and Men.

I just let him be and went back to sleep, ten minutes later I feel his warmth on my back as we both fell asleep

I just let him be and went back to sleep, ten minutes later I feel his warmth on my back as we both fell asleep. It's now morning and we see Luna and Sol up and ready for the day. We tried to fall asleep again, but she kept waking us up.

What are we to do with you two?